cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inward Inspection and Process Audit

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI all,

I am new to QM module. So, if my query is very simple, please bear me.

This scenario is pertaining to Inward Inspection and Process Audit.

Inward Inspection:

1. For first 9 lots for the raw material (same), no Inspection is required. But vendor SHOULD submit Test certficate with the materials.

2. 10th Lot should be inspected and UD should be given (TC is must)

3. After the inspection, raw materials are supplied to Production. During the process, if they find any problems with the materials, they send them to back QA/Stores.

4. If this happens, then next 6 lots to be inspected along with TC. (This Point becomes priority than Pt:1 when Pt:3 occurs)

Whether all the above steps are possible by standard SAP. If possible, Manually or Automatically. Please guide me.

Process Audit:

1. Quality team maitains a Schedule (Annual) for the audit of all major Poduction process.

2. They have audit check points to monitor the Process and whether they follow the processes as per standards.

3. Audits are conducted as per schedule

How to map this scenario. Is it possible to assign an Calibration Plan. Or simply, Create an Inspection type and do generate Lots manually at the time of Auditing. Please guide me. Is it must to generate all the processes as Dummy Materials? (I hope, even to generate lots manually, we need Material No)

Thnx in advance to all

Regards

Sam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Case 1:

For your requirement you can use dynamic modification role with skip concept, create lot once in 9.

Dynamic Modification Role (DMR) with SKIP Concept.

In DMR SAP will create the inspection lot, but based on your skip concept you can set the SKIP Status (After 9 lot inspection req).

Upto 9 lot lot will be created without inspection plan, so here you can set automatic UD in background for SKIP lot only using QA16 Tcode.

QDR1 Create DMR / QDR2 Change / QDR3.

Case2:

Here it is depends up on your client requirement Bcz.

A) If your follow Calibration methodology you will get the Audit plan with correct interval, But here you can't create the inspection plan w.r.to Material Code.

B) If you follow Manual Inspection lot you have to create the inspection lot with define interval.

For any query revert.

Regards,

S.Babusingh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr.Babu,

Thnx a lot. I will come back to you once I complete the trail run as per you guidance.

Regards

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr.Babu,

I have made the following settings.

Generated one DMR using QDR1. Have assigned 10 stages and have given 1st as Initial Stage and then I have defined the stage changes.

Created Quality Plan and assigned the DMR in the header and Selected DMR at Lot level.

In MM01, I have given the certificate profile to check TC while MIGO.

Then, I have generated PO and while doing MIGO, system created a Lot WITH TASKS FROM QUALITY PLAN and it DOESN'T CHECK FOR TC.

I have tried in QA16 for Skipped lots. It shows empty. I have tried the procurement twice. Both the times, Lot has generated with Quality Plan data (MIC).

Please guide me

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Sam

While doing MIGO did you select certificate received yes or no...

if you want to system to warning or error message if TC not provided while doing GR/

what did you configured if vendor not provide test certificate?

in config --> you may selected ---> skip status

better select error or warning message

Thanks

Sami

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

1. Please check whether your created DMR intial stage as SKIP or not, If not active intial stage as SKIP.

2. Check in SPRO whether the pariticular control key ( ie: your assign in MM01) active TC required or not.

Check and give the feedback.

Regards,

S.Babusingh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr.Babu,

1. I have made the initial stage as Skip and marked as Starting Stage.

What all are settings to be done at Inspection stages. (For every inspection stage, we can assign no of skips & next stage if OK or NOT OK)

2. In SPRO where the settings are to be done, I am not receiving any options to select YES or NO for TC at MIGO.

Thnx in advance

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mr.Sami,

Can you please guide me the config path.

Also, for the vendor I have maintained QI01 (Info record). Does this has any relation with the TC option.

Please guide.

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sam,

Follow the Below step for DMR

1. Go to QDR1 enter 3char header Press enter.

2. In 2nd screen Enter Decrip and Choose At Lot Creation and Enter reset period 9999

3. Click -> (Arrrow in Top) It will going to New screen.

Create 2 Stage One for Skip and 2nd for Inspection

Stage2, Tick in SKIP, and Maintain No Skip as 9 (Bcz your case You need inspection after 9 lot), Skip duration 999 (Bcz your case days not consider) New Stage 2 (Bcz after complete the 9 lot it will go to 2nd stage for Inspection.), Rej 1 , New Insp 1.

Stge:1, Insp Sev 4, Tick Ist Enter Description as Inspection required and press enter.

In another small popup screen enter no of Inspection 1 (Bcz your case after 1 Inspection go to SKIP), New Stage as 1, Rej 1, New 1,

Save.

Then attach the same thing to Quality Inspection Plan QP01

In Header Detail Screen (2 nd screen) Choose DMR at lot level and assign the your created DMR.

For TC

1. You have to Create Control Key in SPRO

SPRO -> QM-> QM Logestics -> QM In Procuremetn -> Click Control key -> Create New key with TC required active.

assign the Control key in QM view under QM Procurement active in Material Master.

Then create PO and do the GRN.

Check and give the feed back.

Regards,

S.Babusingh

For any query revert.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thnx a lot Mr.Babu.

Its working,

Regards

Sam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

this is regrading Dynamic Modification Rule " at lot Level" . i have done the configuration as you have defined but still I am not geting the results. Please guide me . My settings in DMR (Dynamic Modification Rule ) are as follows :-

stage Insp Sev Skip Ist text No Max New Insp Stg Reject New Insp Stge

10 * Insp Not reqd 4 999 20 1 20

20 4 * Insp Reqd 1 10 1 10

Assigned the Dynamic Modification rule in task list header & also define Dynamic Modification t Lot Level. But still the sytem is creating the Inspection Lots for all the G.R done against Purchase order.

please help me, I can give u a call also if you are ready to help me out via phone. My Number is 919909986406.

Answers (0)