cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Build to order process

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a new project and his expectation is the following.

The customer is selling doors that undergo some kind of procedure.

He buys doors as raw materials that will undergo a procedure (each door will be painted, cut in certain dimensions, designed etc) in order to became the product that will be sold.

The possible combinations are millions and can not be maintain as material number in the system.

In the sales order they want to "build" each final product. In each line item they want to chooce in a number of possible fields the components that consist the final product . For instance the following:

Type of wood/ Type of handle/ Type of lock/ Colour/ Heigh Dimension etc

When the sales order is saved. They want each component that is used in the line item to constrain the needed quantity of raw material so as to be able to know when they have to re-order raw materials.

The pricing will be calculated by adding amounts according to each component. There will be one condition type for each component.

How can I implement such a procedure.

This procedure is similar, I believe to the one that is used when we want to sell a build-to-order computer (components : motherboard, ram, processor etc)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can't you use BOMs with configurable materials?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Do you mean variant configuration?

Also if I do so in the sales do I have to use PP because the company at the moment doesn't want to implement PP. The info that each final product from the sales order has been manufactured will have to be updated either by a user or if possible by some automatic way.

Can I do something like that

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would say so, a BOM can be created even if PP is not implemented.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

This can be possible through variant config.

Steps for Variant Configuration in SD

Generally, in SD variant is effectively used for pricing for variant. The following configuration with example will be able to assist you in same regard.

The procedure is as follows:

1·Create a Material - KMAT as Material Type with Item Category - 002 by using TCode MM02

2· Create Charateristics using TCode CT04 - Door and mention the values like Wood,,Handle etc

3·Create another Characteristics using TCode CT04 - ZPrice, where directly go the additional data tab and maintain the table SDCOM and field VKOND (ABAP Dictionary it will ask for)

4· Assign these two characteristics to a Class using TCode CL01 - ZDoorclass (Type 300) in characteristics tab page.

5· Then go to Configuration Profile using TCode CU41 select the material and enter the description click on the Class assignment, i.e., assign ZDoorclass.

6·Now go back to Characteristic using TCode CT04 - enter Zbike -go to values- select Wood- go to extras - Other Dependencies - Select Procedure enter in front 10 write - $self.ZPrice='Wood' and save

7· Now go back go to Extras - Other Dependencies - Assignments and Assign relationship ( by default it will come just save)

8· Now select Handle- go to Extras - Other Dependencies - Editor - Select Procedure enter in front of 10 write - $self.ZPrice='Handle' and save

9· Now go back go to Extras - Other Dependencies - Assignments and Assign relationship ( by default it will come just save)

10· Now go to Condition Record using TCode VK11 - Enter VA00 (Condition)(For Std RVA001 Pricing Procedure) - enter variant Wood and Handle give the rates accordingly and create the sales order.

11· Activate the variant configuration in Sales Document make the above effective or in use.

Revert for further clarification.

Regards

Amit Gupta

Edited by: Amit Gupta on Sep 18, 2008 1:52 PM

Edited by: Amit Gupta on Sep 18, 2008 1:53 PM