Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move the material to valuation type

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

If i run mm03 w/o my valuation type / batch, my stock is 2500 kg

if i run mm03 with my valuation type / batch, my stock is zero....

in this case , how i can move my stock to my valation type. in order to transfer to othr mater. since i'm facing proplem in trs posting when i do mat to mat posting.

pls suggest...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the stock using MMBE for the material,

You can locate the exact Batch stock details,

Based on that you can do a material to material transfer using MB1B 309 or if its only a batch to batch transfer use, 311 movement type

Regards

Merwyn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Meryan,

if i run mmbe- my stock is 2500 kg

if i run mb5b with valution type , my stock is zero..

if i run mb5b w/o val. type - stock is 2500 kg

so when i do 309, i'm getting a error "valuated stock becomes nagative"... tell me how to solve

Edited by: sapjj jk on Sep 18, 2008 9:02 AM

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check your stock in MB5L and do not give the valuation class, just plant. Please report us on the result.

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Csaba,

it shows stock as - 2500 kg

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This information was already given by you... You should tell us under which G/L account did you find the stock in MB5L and you should also check to which valuation class this G/L account belongs.

Isn't it possible that your material is split valuated?

Please be more responsive and proactive.

Thanks,

Csaba

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Sep 18, 2008 9:16 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Csaba,

good to see ur inspiration ..

The GL a/c has defined as closing stock - finished goods and

this GL # has assigned to val class - 7920 (fin.goods) in OBYC under BSX trns. key.

And, this material has split valtiuon and we assigned the valuation type in batch. .

hope its clear, still if any needed, pls revert.

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the info.

The material is split valuated. What do you want to do with it? Why dou you want to move it to another valuation type?

If you want to change the material number you don't have to first transfer the stock form one valuation type to the other under the same material number and after that do an MB1B+309.

You can eliminate that stock (of this batch) under this valuation class by MB1A201 and set the stock level for the new material by MB1A202.

Csaba

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Sep 18, 2008 9:31 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Cseba, pls refer the above answer which i replied to Kiran.. pls rvert

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You said the stock is valuated, VC is 7920. Use this VC when you perform transactions. Does it help?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cseba,

My client needs to make that material stock as zero.. ok this cleint req. in that case, when i do 309, i'm getting an error "valuated stock beocmes negative".. how i can solve.

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you tried my suggestion?

When you perform the transaction MB1B309 or MB1A201 you should choose the proper valuation type that belongs to VC 7920.

You told that the material is valuated and has stock. You should use the proper valuation type when you want to eliminate it.

Csaba

Former Member
0 Kudos

Csaba,

I have tried 309 and 201, still i'm getting the same error.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member335885
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you run MMBE for the material then you are saying that without valuation type it is 2500 but when you run with valuation type stock is zero.

This means that you have not recieved the stock with respect to valuation type. In case if you would have out your valuation type in PO then this would have carried it to the GR and then your stock would have shown 2500.

try and let us know.

Thanks & Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

This means that you have not recieved the stock with respect to valuation type. In case if you would have out your valuation type in PO then this would have carried it to the GR and then your stock would have shown 2500.

Kiran,

how to carry your above process, pls advise.

former_member335885
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

When you have a material with split valuation then while ordering a material you have to put the valuation type in the item details.

SAY for example you have a material which can be procured domestically and from foriegn countries and these two types are your valuation types. then when you enter the material in the PO then in the item details you have to specify the valuation type from where. Here you can say any one of the two, say domestic then save the PO.

Then when you are referencing this PO in the GR, the material along with domestic valuation type will be displayed and then goods will be recieved now when you go for MMBE you will get the total stock and the stock with respect to valuation type - domestic.

Thanks & Regards,

Kiran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks kiran,

In my case, my client has did some transcactions here and there like phy. inventory... so that the stock has posted in w/o val. type.

Here, i need to make the stock as zero for that material.. whn i do 309 , i'm geting the "valuated stock becomes negative".. based on this situtaion, advise how to solve

Edited by: sapjj jk on Sep 18, 2008 9:34 AM