cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error when Broadcasting PDF format to email

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The template is getting executed properly through WAD. Even, in portal the report is being generated correctly. The problem is when I try to broadcast PDF format to Email.

I am receiving the following error when attempting to broadcast a query as PDF - Error: com.sap.ip.bi.base.exception.BIBaseRuntimeException.

Please suggest me the solution.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Lavanya,

Kindly review the notes 917950 and 888687 and ensure that all your web configuration settings are proper.

In case the problems still persist deploy the support desktool as per note 937697 and correct the reported errors.

This should help you.

Regards

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Thanks for ur reply.

In my reports, broadcasting functionality is not working for the reports where we have given offsets in the queries. Otherwsie, for all other reports its working fine.

Can you suggest me, how to get the solution for the reports where we have the offsets.

0 Kudos

Hi Lavanya,

Can you please run the support desktool as per note 937697 and ensure that there are no configuration errors(no RED symbols)

Regards,

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Suresh,

Thanks for ur reply,

I had run the support desktool and checked the configuration settings. Everything is fine but still not working. In the portal side, i didnt find any error logs also.

Can u tell me, what exact setting do we make for broadcasting a template as a pdf file.

The thing is, i am able to broadcast the query which is used in that template.

So i think there must be some setting in the template which will make the broadcasting functionality work.

Can u pls provide some inputs?

0 Kudos

Hi Lavanya

I strongly recommend you to be on latest Java patches for your SPS from the service market place.

Also please check whether the note 1052659 - Requirements for customer messages concerning export to PDF is helpful to you.

Especially check this portion of the note is relevant to you.

" The following entry is in the trace:

"Invalid Response Code: (401) Unauthorized.

com.sap.ip.bi.base.exception.BIBaseRuntimeException com.sap.tc.webdynpro.pdfobject.core.PDFObjectRuntimeException: Service call exception; nested exception is: com.sap.engine.services.webservices.jaxrpc.exceptions.InvalidResponseCodeException: "Invalid Response Code: (401) Unauthorized. The requested URL was:"http://<your host>:<yourport>/AdobeDocumentServices/Config?style=document" at com.sap.tc.webdynpro.pdfobject.core.PDFObject.doSoapCall(PDFObject.java:405)

See Note 934276 " Print preview in SAP NetWeaver 2004s BI does not work".

See the "II Web Dynpro for Java" section in Note 944221."

If not can you let me know the detailed error you are getting.

Thank you.

Regards

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

I had checked with the patches ans the support desktool, its fine. The problem is the templates of Top N Customers are not getting broadcasted but the other templates are absolutely working fine.

For instance, the template "Full year Analysis" is the copy of standard template 0ANALYSIS_PATTERN which is not working.

One more thing, in standard templates we have send button to broadcast, but in the template which is a copy of standard template we have removed the send button. And we have created a seperate template for Send where we can broadcast all templates. There is no problem with the Send tempalte cos all other are working fine. I think there may be some problem with template, but not able to recognise that.

Can u suggest anythng???

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi suresh,

Thanks for ur reply..

I found the template working fine when some other query is assigned to the DP. This means that template is absolutely fine.

And also, the query seperately is getting broadcasted properly.

The problem is the combination of the actual query and the template is not working.

I am not able to find the reason behind this...

Can u pls provide some inputs???

0 Kudos

Hi Lavanya

Can you please elaborate any specific properties that are pertaining to the problematic queries which you have already mentioned like offsets etc..

Regards

Suresh