cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BRF (Business Rules Framework)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Anybody knows what is the scope of BRF (Business Rules Framework) and for what is used for? Advantages and disadvantages?

I already read the information in help.sap.com… But is very technically and unclearly for me.

Thanks in advance,

Ricardo.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

BRF is a tool to define and implement technical and business oriented sets of rules.

BRF exclusively used by Claims management for business activity.

It supports various functionality

1.Events

2.BRF Network Graphics

3 Use in Application class, which use a certain expression or action, to be determined and listed.

4.Use it for Rule groups, which are simple units for managing rules.

5.BRF Workbench can also use to create, display and change BRF objects in a display.

6. Its very similar to ABAP workbench

disadvantages :

1. BRF events are predefined one that you cant modify it based on requirement

2.Event should be triggered for calculation ,and it should fallow so many steps to execute each actions

hope it helps

Thanks & Regards

Varun

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I have Developed and implemented the BRF in a public sector client to detemine the compliance rules.

Pls feel free to contact me if you find difficulties while implementing BRF.

Thanks

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Madhu,

My yahoo id is raodivya77@yahoo.com. Kindly share yours with me as I do have some questions around the BRF domain.

Many thanks,

Best regards,

Divya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I'm planning to use the BRF to process entered data in an SAP module.

I saw it's possible to enter logical 'hardcoded' expressions as conditions (for instance IF 'CostCenter = 000015' THEN 'RiskFactor = 0,05').

My question is: is it possible that a condition is a check on existing documents or tables, and depending of the values, specific actions are triggered ?

Example: IF 'DocumentNumber exists in this specific table' AND 'FieldValue = 123' THEN 'proceed the entered data to this specific program'. This could also be done via BAPI calls in custom reports.

Thanks in advance for your answers,

Francois

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Francois,

you can implement this condition by taking

1. DocumentNumber as a constant expression of 'Result type' - R.(this can also be done by writing FM within expression- i think this will work good than taking result type as R)

2. Another constant expression FieldValue with value set to '123'.

3. Then take another expression of implementation class formula Interpreter.

in this expression, give the formula:

(DocumentNumber) AND (Fieldvalue).

i hope this will help you.

Seema

former_member450736
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

i am working on BRF.i have a requirement where i have to trigger brf based on one event.

i configured event,expresssion and ACTION to be triggered.

But got struck at one point i.e. when action is triggered there is a task to be performed where task has 2 ACTIVITIES i.e. 1) successful 2) unsuccessful.

i want to create an other task if the activity is unsuccessful.

so i completed till activities...now i want a new task to be created if the previous task related activity is unsuccessful.

can someone let me know how can i accomplish this...

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

Did you see <a href="http://www.sap.com/industries/insurance/pdf/FSCM_BRF.pdf">this</a> too?

Regards,

Suresh Datti