cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS-IM integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am working on AUC aspects for PS-IM integration. The WBS stucture in project is Work Package based i.e. Engineering, Construction etc.Now my client requirement is such that they want to do fixed asset capitalization for each and every WBS and not only the top level WBS.

Is it recommended to do so, as my WBS are not asset centric and work package centric?

As per my understanding when you assign Investment Profile an AUC is created for each and every WBS, but it doesnt make any sense to capitalize every WBS if they are based on work package.Will it be better to settle the cost of lower level WBS to top level WBS and Cost Centre and then capitalize the top level WBS?

Waitibg for expert opinion. Also can anybody let me know the exact meaning of Asset Centric WBS?

Thanks

Sarang

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Asset Centric WBS suggests your project structure is based on asset rather than process.Ex., Construction of Substation

Asset based project structure:

Transformer Bay

Switch Yard

Process based Work Pack structure:

Design of Substation

Commissioning of Substation

No harm in creating AUC for each WBS but depends on the level of information that would be required for analysis and monitoring.

Also from final capitalisation view, If AUC is getting settled to different 10 assets, you would need to maintain the settlement rules on each and every WBS elements (incase you have AUC for each WBS) but not the case if you've AUC at level 1 WBS element.

Regards

Sreenivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sreenivas.

For your last point, if I maintain an Investment profile in my Project Profile and I copy a template from Appro Request for Project, I get a project structure with WBS having Investment Profile assigned to each of them. I am not going to maintain AUC manually.So in this case AUC will be automatically created for each WBS.

Now refering your example, I have my WBS structure based on Work Package i.e. Engg, Construction , Proj Mgmt etc. Now if AUC is created for each WBS, a different Asset will be created for my each WBS, whereas I am constructing only one substation and only want to capltalize the station as whole and not work packages.

In this case I assume that I create AUC only for top level WBS and capitalize them.

Sarang

Former Member
0 Kudos

In your case I would sugguest to have AUC created for top level WBS alone.

Delete the investment profile in the project profile but make sure to maintain it on top level WBS alone soon after the project is created.

Regards

Sreenivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sreenivas,

Thanks. I got your view but in that case user has to interven or some enhancement has tobe prepared to remove the investment profile from remaining WBS apart from the main WBS created from IM.

Will it be correct if we do this way or is there any standard setting by which only main WBS will have investment profile and other will not have investment profile so that AUC will not get generated for the remaining WBS. One point is that i dont want any manual intervention or user dependency

Other doubt is that

As per the SAP help, when we create project from the IM through measure and the investment profile is configured in both project profile as well as investment programme type in IM.

So when we biuld the project structure in PS and then release the project. The settlement rule should get created for that WBS level and what i understood is settlement rule is tobe created automatically and the receiver should be AUC i.e. asset under construction.

But i have checked in the standard system and there is no such option for settlement receiver as AUC.

Am i on right track or can u suggest the correct way?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sarang,

I don't think you can avoid the user intervention for the removal of project profile in the lower level WBS elements.

And to your second concern about the settlement rule receiver as AUC, it will be created automatically once you run the settlement through Tcode CJ88.

Regards,

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your case is, you have N no of Top level WBS Element and also you need to settle cost to Different fixed asset. you dont need to settle to Bottom to Top level WBS and then Fixed Asset.

If you have 1 Top level, its advisable to settle Top level and settle to AUC/Fixed asset.

Regards

N.Raju