cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to migrate legacy data from XI 2.0 to 3.0 ?!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

last year we had migrated from XI 2.0 to 3.0. We set up a totally new system and I reimplemented the scenarios (to correct some unhappy solutions of the past).

Now we want to delete the old XI System but before we have to save the legacy data.

Is there a possibility to bring the old date to the XI 3.0?

Thank you for your help

Thomas

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have a pro...with the task like migrating data from xi 2.0 to xi 3.0? how should i go about it and what methods should i follow in order to complete my task done. please suggest me if there is any one already did it if possible could send me the procedures of it. thx

former_member184154
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What kind of data are you talking about? Be more specific.

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh, you are right I was very unspecific...

I meant all the message data which you can see in the sxmb_moni (message headers and payloads). I need them for fiscally reasons

Thomas

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The message data of XI 2.0 cannot be transferred into XI 3.0. You have to archive the data and connect the archive with the XI 3.0 system.

Regards

Stefan

former_member184154
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Wow, no std way I guess.

But I think that with a 5 days ABAP coding you could have it done.

Basically messages are all stored in ABAP stack tables, and fully managed by ABAP classes. Take a look (with SE24) at CL_XMS_MAIN and CL_XMS_PERSIST. You could be able to write an ABAP program in your XI 2.0 box that recursivley reads all messages you want (copy RSXMB_SELECT_MESSAGES report, which is very good for selection, and comment out the call to screen 100; you'll have selected message in an internal table), serialize them (there should be a method for that, can't find it now), send to XI 3.0 via RFC in a fm that deserialize, create a new message object and commit to the db.

That's the best (and creative) way I can think of.

But I would first try what Stefan tells.

Good luck.

Alex

Message was edited by: Alessandro Guarneri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our 3.0 System is connected to the archive.

So if I archive the messages from the 2.0 to the archive, they will be accessible by the 3.0 System (via the archive) in the future?

Thanks

Thomas