Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issueing message in FM called in UPDATE TASK

former_member624107
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have an issue.

The requirement is to issue a message when IDOc is created while executing qm01.

The idoc creating FM is called in update task. with in the Fm i have put message if idoc is created successfully .this message is getting displayed only in debuging mode when update debugging is switched on.Otherwise it is not getting displayed.

I thought of exporting a value when ever the idoc is created successfully ( from the FM called in update task)and importing the same value in some other exits at save to display the message. But this FM( which is called in update task) is executed last( after all exits).

Please let me know if any one of you have a solution for this.

regards,

Sheeba

Edited by: Sheeba Bhaskaran on Sep 18, 2008 11:43 AM

3 REPLIES 3

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are some other messages which are overriding your message. Check any other exit which triggeres next to this function call.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sheeba,

maintain control records that associate SAP IDoc Partners with. specific IDoc Message Types generated by inbound interfaces

thanks

nagendra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont think you can do any message handling in UPDATE task as a Message statement might abend the task and rollback.

Also EXPORT, IMPORT wont work as the Update task FM is only triggerred at Commit Work, which means all the code after the FM call till the Commit would have already been executed.

If the FM failed due to some error, you will see the log in SM13.