cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is business one ? how is it different from sap R/3,?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does B1 needs special expertise in SAP ?can an R/3 consultant run the transactions and customisations in B1 with ease ?please answer my queries.

REGARDS

Sunkari

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sunkari,

Business One and R/3 are two completely different products. Other than a few terminologies and the look and feel everything else is different.

Anyone with the right background can learn and implement Business One not necessarily one from R/3. But it might be easy as they would understand the ERP concepts

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

suda,

Thanks for taking time to answer my query.It was helpful.

Regards

vinod

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi vinod,

Some of difference between SAP B1 vs SAP R/3,

1.SAP Business One is SAP's offering for small and mid size companies, while R/3 is SAP's offering for large companies.

2.SAP Business One is a software that was bought over by SAP and it has been greatly enhanced over time,

SAP R/3 is indigenous to SAP and it has also undergone various re-engineering over time.Example: SAP ECC.

3. SAP Business One and SAP R/3 are built on the concept of client/server architecture,.SAP Business One(2-tier) client/server architecture,SAP R/3 is based on a three tier/n-tier client/server architecture.

Jeyakanthan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jayekanthan,

Thanks for taking time to answer my query ,can i install the B1 at home and try to understand its functionality?if so is it available like R3 SAP OR any restrictions in getting the same.

Regards

vinod sunkari

Former Member
0 Kudos

good answered

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

B1 is simplified version of R/3. U cant find more functionality which you have in R/3. R/3 is entirely different from B1. But R/3 people can learn very fast than others. But u must learn B1 and its concepts to work with.

By

Kalai

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

Regards

vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

An R/3 consultant surely can learn B1 much faster than the new comer. However, they may find so much differences and still following R/3 logic in relatively longer time than anyone without R/3 experience.

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gordon,

Regards

vinod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Instead of extra message saying thanks, please check this thread so that you can be more efficient:

/thread/1040775 [original link is broken]

Award points and feed a child

Thanks,

Gordon