cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade to ECC 6.0 from 4.7 - When to execute SPDD/SPAU

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

I'm doing technical upgrade from 4.7 to ECC 6.0 and just discover notes that related to activating Add-ons (Business Switch) for DIMP. It seems like some of the switch need to be turn on manually. The question is, should this switch be turned on before SPDD/SPAU or I can run SPDD/SPAU then turn on the switch? I'm raising this question because I notice some of the collective search help that contain customized elementary search help become resetted and the customized search help is not included in the standard search help anymore. Thanks in advance for the answer.

Rgrds,

Abraham

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abraham,

As said by Abdul you can do the SPDD during the phase ACT_700, The SAPup tool stops at this phase and prompts you for the confirmation.

In this phase you have to login to the shadow instance and in the 000 client with DDIC user and create a user as the copy of the DDIC.

use this newly created user for doing the SPDD in the shadow instance.

SPAU can be done once the upgrade is completed with in 14 days with out a developer key after 14 days you need a developer key.

when you carry out further upgrades you can include these 2 requests SPDD and SPAU during the upgrade itself. In this situation if you have any other delta adjustments then you have to do that delta in the shadow instace otherwise you dont need to work again on the SPDD and SPAU for the rest of the systems.

Hope this info is useful.

Thanks,

Venkat.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abraham,

when you are performing a technical upgrade SPDD should be done during the upgrade!

for SPDD the upgrade(SAPUp) will stop at a phase called ACT_700 and it will prompt you for spdd adjustments, it must be done at this phase other wise it may result in DataLoss.

As far as SPAU is concerned it can be done after the upgrade, within 14days after the upgrade withtout Developer Key.

for more refer to the upgrade guide and follow the recommended notes

Thanks and Regards

Abdul Hadi

Edited by: mohammed Abdul Hadi on Sep 18, 2008 3:30 PM