cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Production Order changes start date

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guru,

I have some question, i have created a production order with quantity 10,300 cases and with start date 18.09.2008 with 00:00 time and finish date 18.09.2008 with 07:57 time and released the order and partially confirmed with 300 cases.

After doing the partial confirmation i do change the production order quantity to 10,100 cases. and save. after this change in PO quantity, when i display the PO now start date 18.09.2008 with 07:57 time and finish date 18.09.2008 with 14:41 time.

why thus this happe the date/time thus change?

how could we find a solution that if an order and released and is partial confirmed, and been change be prevent the start date and time from changing? please help.

Thanks

Ryan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!,

When you amend the order for quantity and save the order, system schedules the order as per the new requirement starting with system date and time at that moment.

Regards,

Uday

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Expert,

Is there a way for us to make sure after that a Production Order is been Released and partially confirmed, no one can make any more changes on this Production order?

Please advise.

Thanks

Ryan

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try to converting planned order you can partially convert it to production order.

And Try ME2N, there go to Edit-Dynamic selection--PO header. or can use ME28

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi R.Brahmankar,

ME2N and ME28 is about purchasing document? i don't think it is related in my problem? i do manually create a Production Order via CO01 transaction code, then relased and partial confirm it. After that process we do change the quantiy of my production order for adjustment and when dispaly we notice start and finished Date and Time was change also by SAP, for us this date and time must not be change since we only made adjustment in the production order quantity no more else.

why this happen and what actions we must if this happen again?

Now what we have need to find out is, that if an order is release and it has been partially confirmed, can we prevent the start date and time from changing?

thanks

Ryan

Edited by: Ryan on Sep 18, 2008 9:07 AM

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you change the quantity of order the date will get change that is standard SAP procedure. As system scheduled the order on the basis of quantity.

You can partail release the operation,go in change mode of the order CO02 and then go to the opeartion overview...select the operation to want to release and press the buttom released

Please refer this link for more details,

[ Production Order changes |https://forums.sdn.sap.com/click.jspa?searchID=16433391&messageID=5777763]

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi R.Bramankar,

Thanks, yes it is SAP standard. in my conclusion I believe that depending on several things, the start date and time of the production order change by due to:

- the time that the quantity is change

- the amount that it was change by

- weither it was incresed or decreased

- the capacity of the workcenter.

Now what we need to find out is, that if a Production Order is RELEASED and partially CONFIRMED, and some changes been done to the production order, is there any ways we can prevent the START DATE and TIME from changing also?

Thanks

Ryan

Edited by: Ryan on Sep 18, 2008 10:04 AM

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear,

I think it is not possible. Please wait for other expert reply

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Guru,

Hope anyone could input to this, how could we achieve it.

Thank you so much R.Brahmankar

Ryan