Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using user-defined transport recording routine with table maintenance view?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a table that is maintained through a maintenance view. I need to record the changes to a dedicated transport object (not TABU) with my own recording routine instead of teh standard recording routine.Could someone tell me which/how the events can be used to achieve this?

Regards

Rachana

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Your requirement is not very clear, but what i guess the solution is..

if the table is getting maintained through standard recording routine, but u want the other type. One way is: just creat a custom view having same fields and then create its TMG with radiobutton marked for no, or user recording routine.

Now u can make a parameter transaction for this custom view to update data.

0 Kudos

Hi Rajeev,

I have changed TMG to choose the option - User defined routine. And I have created a new transport object in SOBJ for the table. Is this enough to record the object to the transport as the object i defined instead of TABU? Do I need to write some subroutine for any view event to achieve this? Do you mean to use the menu option to include the object to a request?

I have a bigger problem where this view is actually part of a view cluster. Even in that case is teh above steps enough?

Regards

Rachana