cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Pass Filter value to Filter dependent BADI ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having some doubt related to CRM Badi's there are two types of BADI's one is Muliple use badi and other in Filter dependent BADI.

Incase of filter dependent BADI. when we are creating implentation for filter BADI how to pass this filter value to that new implentation.i.e. if we are going to see the importing parameters for Each method of that Filter Dependent BADI. the 1st importing parameter for each method is FILTER VALUE for each method in Filter Dependent BADI.

So my question is that how to map this filer value while creating new implentation for Filter Dependent BADI ?

It will Automatically get this importing filter value or we have to do any coding for this ????

for this you can refer badi : CRM_ISA_BASKET_HEAD

this Badi defination is filter dependent.

Please let me clarification for this .perfect answer will be rewarded !!!!

Regards,

Amol Tambe

SAP CRM Technical Consultant.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

I think after you assign the filter values in the attributes section in se19 and save them. You can pass them as a normal parameter as in filter dependent badis for filter values the parameter is already defined. It will be automatically mapped and you do not need to do any coding.

Regards,

Sangeeta.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If this is the case. Then what is the use of filter in that if it is automaticaaly getting mapped i.e. How the filter will restrict the use for Badi ??

I am not getting it ??????

Because for every simple badi when we are going to creat the implenation it will work fine without any restrictions by getting all importing values automatically.

And incase of filter depednt Badi also its going in same way it will get its filter value automatically so both the cases are same for Filter dependent badi and simple badi.

Then what is the use of Filter value ????

Regards,

Amol Tambe.

Former Member
0 Kudos

What I mean to say is that the BADI will run only if the filter value criteria is satisfied.

e.g. if I am having a filter value on countries "IN, USA, UK" for a particular badi, which is called in a particular tcode, which is getting called on changing some values in it.

Then in that transaction, the BADI will get called only when if in the order, the country associated is IN,USA or UK else it won't. That is what I meant for automatically mapped in my previous post.

In simple words, Filter values are means for filtering your criteria. Take the above case for example.

Regards,

Sangeeta.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok thanks i got it somewht by your example.

i.e. if that badi is going to call for another country like AUS or any other it will not work it will work only for USA or UK.

so the badi will work only for only these countries.

But suppose for one badi country field is filter value then in badi where we will maintain this Country = USA or UK.

because in badi attribues we are giving only name of field name (country) for filter but we are not giving value(i.e.USA or UK. )

Regards,

Amol Tambe.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

When we create a BADI implementation of a filter dependent BADI then in the attributes section of the implementation a table(with two columns) under the heading 'Defined Filters' comes up where you can maintain the values. E.g. USA, AUS, IND etc.

Regards,

Sangeeta.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I got it..

Thank you very much !

Regards,

Amol Tambe.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amol,

I think after you assign the filter values in the attributes section in se19 and save them. You can pass them as a normal parameter as in filter dependent badis for filter values the parameter is already defined. It will be automatically mapped and you do not need to do any coding.

Regards,

Sangeeta.