Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editable Hierarchical ALV

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a requirement from client that

They want to see an hierarchical ALV. This ALV needs to be editable in the line item level for the balnk lines. On click of a button, a pop window will appear in which if if they enter say 5 and the customer code then 5 blank lines should be appended at the customer's line item level where the user can enter values. Is this possible. Will the inserted/ appended lines get refreshed on the ALV. For eg:

(----

represent the blank lines)

Header--> Customer Code Customer Name

011101 XYZ

Item--> Material Quantity Unit Amount

14589 125.00 KG 145.50

12569 45.00 KG 100.00

15899 105.00 KG 120.50

-

-

-

-

-

PLZ Help!

4 REPLIES 4

franois_henrotte
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

for such a need, I suggest to use a column tree control in place of hierarchical ALV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to have editable columns in tree. If yes plz let me know.

PLZ HELP!

0 Kudos

Hi Anne,

I don't think editing the data into ALV Tree is possible....

I had a similar requirement from the client (but was quite complex). However, what we did was if they want to edit some line items then they will have to select all the line items and when they press the change button, we take them to ALV Grid where required fields are editable and those can be edited and saved.

After saving when we come back to ALV Grid we can refresh the data on the ALV Tree as well..

Let me know if you are not clear or your requirement is different.

Regards,

Kunjal

0 Kudos

Hi

How can we make Hierarchical ALV editable?

How is grid display possible in grid display?

Is it possible through making edit in fieldcatalogue 'X' for a particular column or should we mandatarily go for OOPS concepts.

Waiting for your suggestions...

Thanks & Regards

Rithwika