cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unicode Characters in DB2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have one query regrding insertion of Unicode data in DB2.

I am working on a scenario of XI to JDBC, where at receiver side I have DB2 database.

From source some chinese characters are coming, which I need to insert in database using JDBC adapter.

I am getting everything successful in XI system, but in database instead of chinese characters, some junk characters I can see.

Can anybody please help me on this?

Regards,

Supriya.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sampath,

Thanks for your reply.

But my problem is still there.

I am asking what modification can I do in configuration so that the chinese characters will be passed to DB2 as it is.

Regards,

Supriya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sawant,

First, the necessary fonts need to be installed on the machine where the DB2 Control Center is running.

Second, the font.properties file has to contain the font mapping. In the Java Runtime environment, the fonts.properties file is used to map logical font names to physical fonts that are installed on the machine.

After DB2 is installed, the font.properties file can be found in:

SQLLIB\java\jdk\jre\lib\ directory.

The font.properties file contains sections mapping the logical fonts to the list of physical fonts on the machine. In this example, the Java 'dialog' font is mapped to four physical fonts.

Unicode characters only if at least one of the fonts listed above are installed on the machine. Otherwise, boxes will be shown for the unicode characters

Regards

Sampath

former_member183906
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI

If you are getting special characters like chinese characters then the data when coming to XI should be in encoding ISO-8859-1. Or try with UTF-16.

Also, please check if your SAP XI is configured for unicodes.

The usage of encoding method could also be adapter specific. Adapter specific settings are provided here:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/502991a2-45d9-2910-d99f-8aba5d79...

Rgds