Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

How to stop planned depreciation calculation?

Dear all,

I need to stop system from calculating the planned depreciation while I post unplanned depreciation and change the depreciation key and change depreciation useful life.

The problem is system automatically calculate the planned ordinadiry depreciation due to the unplanned depreciation posted and changing of depreciation key.

In asset master data on the "Time Dependent" tab I have selected the "Asset shutdown" checkbox. Any idea why system still calculate the planned depreciation eventhough I have selected the "Asset Shutdown"?

Any missing step that I need to perform to prevent system from calculating the planned depreciation?

Thank you very much for your kind assisstance.

rgds,

Dahlia

Former Member
replied

Hi Dahlia,

frmo my understanding you have the following issue now. You shutdown the asset, let´s say for period 12. But this means implicitely that there are 11 periods open where the asset is not shutdown. In this case you have to be careful if you change the depreciation key to a different base value.

Because the asset will be recalculated for the complete fiscal year. This means that the changed base value will have effect on the open periods where the asset is not shutdown also.

Hence I would keep the base value to the original one, as long as 2008 is open. At the moment you close it, you can change the depreciation key respectively the base value determination.

I hope I did not misunderstand facts.

The functionality to change depreciation parameters time-dependent is available as of release ECC 6.0, when you activate the new depreciation calcualtion functionality. This would make some of your requirements easier to solve. You can find more information about this new functionality in note 965032 or Nathans Blogs.

Regards,

Markus

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question