Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Depreciation by days.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

Any one please give some input to create new dep key,

Our requirement is to calculate depreciation on wdv method at XX% but calculation should start from based on number of days.

eg.

purchses as on 01.04.200X and 30.05.200X should calculate dep based on days only.

Please help me to solve the issue.

Thanks,

Srini.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinivasa_maruvada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Did you try at TCode AFAMP with 01 period controls for all Acq/Add/Ret/Trn which states "Pro rata at the period start date"

Cheers

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

I tried withe period control method 01 but still it is calculating based on asset depreciation strat date only for later period acquisition also.

Give me some input .

Thanks for your reply,

Srini.

srinivasa_maruvada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srini

Check the above note from Paul. It seems correct. Award Paul

Cheers

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Paul/ Srinivas,

I got your point if we activated dep to the day it will not allow us to take the values of Period control method .

In this situation i created a dep key with out activating dep to the day and given period control method as prorata dep (01) key still it is calculating the dep from dep start date even postings for various periods.

Is it any whare config effecting the dep should calculte based on dep start date( other than depreciation key).

Thanks,

Srini.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

Then you have to put the asset value date in the posting on the asset. 01.04 and 01.05. an other option is to work with sub assets when you have different data's

Paul

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Paul,

When ever i am trying to create sub asset the dep start date is automatically tacking from main asset master and it is coming as grayed out.

Plese give some input to proceed further.

thanks,

Srini.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srini,

This you set up in the field status rule from the masterdata from the asset. Have a look to the part sub assets and copy rules and what you can or can't change in the sub asset

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have a look in the depreciation key TC AFAMA.

When you select the field depr to the day in give the following information:

Depreciation calculation to exact day

Specifies that the system calculates depreciation to the day.

Use

Any period control methods entered in the depreciation key are ignored for the entire useful life of the asset. This applies to all transactions (acquisitions, retirements, and transfers). The system always uses the asset value date as the depreciation start date.

The "depreciation to the day" function becomes active for an asset as soon as the asset has a corresponding depreciation key and the asset is capitalized (posted to). Once this takes place, it is no longer possible to switch off this function for the asset, even if you change the depreciation key. On the other hand, it is not possible to activate this function for an asset after it has already been capitalized using a different depreciation key.

At the present time, the system does not allow the combination of depreciation to the day with year-dependent fiscal year versions.