cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot change MRP type for material

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have read some similar posts on this forum but my problem seems to be a bit different. In MM02 tab MRP1, MRP type is not grayed out, it is editable, but when I change MRP type from PD to P1 and try to save I get the message: Maintain the field 'MRP Type' with the value 'PD' (MRP 1). MRP group is not specified for the material. Help is appreciated.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Delete the old requirements for that material ie, planned orders.

Now change the MRP type to P1 and enter planning time fence.

When you change use tcode MM02 not from any other link like MD04.

Regards,

Dharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to achieve automatic firming of planned orders by changing MRP type from PD to P1. For other materials of different plants it lets me do this without deleting / changing any planned orders.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check whether have you opened anymore planned orders for that material in your screen. If so, close & try.

Regards,

Dharma

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dharma,

There are no more planned orders for that material. I also ran for a different material in the same plant. This material had no stock present. Requirements were entered from scratch and MRP was run using MD02 for this material only. This also gave the same issue. It only seems to be happening with one particular plant. Materials in other plants don't have this problem. Just a thought, is it necessary to maintain coverage profile for the plant in order for this to work?

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to maintain a planning time fence in MRP1 view after that it will allow you to change from PD to P1.

As MRP type P1 that requires a planning time fence.

I think you have assigned the MRP group in material master MRP1 view so please remove it and try then you will come to know.

Hope clears to you.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Edited by: R Brahmankar on Sep 18, 2008 10:16 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have already maintained planning time fence of 90 days. MRP group in MM02->MRP1 is not assigned either. The issue is caused by something else.

Edited by: Khan Awkhan on Sep 18, 2008 6:53 AM

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check to see if the material is assigned an MRP profile. if you take out that value you should be able to change the MRP type.

Go to MARC table. You can get the MRP profile assigned to Material and Plant.If you find a profile assigned. Then go to MMD2 and check the field for the Profile. change MRP type

Hope it will help you.

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Brahmankar,

No MRP profile is assigned to any material in that plant. I don't understand why its not working.

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, you can change the MRP type to P1.

Now pls try this,

T.Code: MM17

Select Table: MARC

Field: DISMM

Execute

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mass maintenance of materials doesn't work either. I even tried creating a new material from scratch but it gave the same issue. It seems like a plant-specific issue. Materials in other plants are not having the same issues. Mass maintenance gave me an error message as follows:

The material cannot be maintained since no maintainable data transferred

Message no. MG 160

Diagnosis

You wanted to maintain an existing material master record as follows:

u2022 By changing it

However, you have not yet maintained the material master record for the organizational levels and data fields specified, or user departments selected. You can therefore process this data only in Create mode.

u2022 By extending it

However, you have already fully created the material master record for the organizational levels and data fields specified, or user departments selected. You can therefore process this data only in Change mode.

In both cases, this message can appear if there is no maintainable user department left. This occurs if you have not set the Check required fields indicator when transferring data (program RMDATIND). Although the absence of an entry in required fields does not then necessarily result in an error, the number of maintainable user departments is reduced accordingly.

Procedure

Depending on the cause, maintain the material master record in Create or Change mode, or also transfer the missing required fields.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suggestions? Anyone?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just an update. Resolved this a while back, it was a modification that has since been removed.