Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create master data MM01 with approval using GP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Hope you all are doing good. I have a requirement where in

Step 1) An end user submits master data form( complicated form , say like MM01 screen in SAP R3) .

Step 2 ) On Submit it should go for approval based on Org strucutre or custom table

Step 3 ) On approval hit sap master data tables.

My query is as below

1) Since data entry form is complicated, wanted to know how to design it. e.g. Using webdynpro, ABAP module pool ?. The screen for data entry will be same as a standard MM01screen in R3.

2) How to present all data to approver in GP . e.g ABAP report, webdynpro ( since there is lots of data to be presented to approver for aproval)

3) How to do post processing on approvals and rejections.

I would appreciate if someone can give me the over all process and how to diesgn it and links for tutorials

thanks for your help

Regards

PN

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member185029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1) Since data entry form is complicated, wanted to know how to design it. e.g. Using webdynpro, ABAP module pool ?. The screen for data entry will be same as a standard MM01screen in R3.

- > The form can be designed based on the approach, online-offline. For online forms, you can opt for WebDynpro, VC.

For offline forms, you can opt for ADOBE interactive forms (designed using ADOBE Livecycle)

2) How to present all data to approver in GP . e.g ABAP report, webdynpro ( since there is lots of data to be presented to approver for aproval)

- > You can use any of the above aproach for displaying data.

3) How to do post processing on approvals and rejections.

You can design GP flow to do processing after approval or rejection action is performed.

-Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks,

Can you roughly give an estimate for such a development ? Kindly note that each view in MM 01 , will need to be filled seperately and then only workflow should get triggered ?

Regards

PN

former_member185029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Why would you like to develope screens for readymade transaction?

Anyways roughly estimate 1 week per screen.

-Ashutosh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

There is a need to have approval workflows before updating MM01 data. So need to have custom screens.

So u are suggesting to have webdynpro java for screens instead of ABAP programs. I am asking bcos we will be having lots fo drop downs .

So that will require more effort in Webdynpro java.

Pls let me know

Regards

PN

former_member185029
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I guess you do not need to replicate the entire transaction in GP.

You can use GP flow for approval process and then after approval is done, simply insert values in tables involved in the transaction MM01.

I guess there will be standard BAPIs available for inserting data into tables involved in MM01. You can call those BAPIs once the approval is done.

-Ashutosh

Answers (0)