cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple user id per user

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI guys we are implementing concurrent employement solution of SAP. Under that solution in certain circumstance user will be having multiple sap id. My question is ... Is CC 5.2 capable of reporting SOD conflicts taking into a/c all the sap id of user.. For eg

User A has threee different id to log into SAP id ie xyz,, pqr, lmn.. CAn CC calibrator anyway consider all these three as one and report accordingly..

continuing with my example .. id xyz has vendor create access,, id pqr has processing payment access. and lmn has access to goods receipt.. Is there any way in CC where CC report SOD conflict considering all the SAP id of a person together..

Parveen

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Parveen,

Please try using the user mapping functionality avaliable in CC Config TAb, which would be of help in this case. You need to defne a master user and the associated users with the same. So, say "A" can be a master user and "B", "C" and "D" can be the users mapped to it. Now to have collective analysis done, you can do the analysis on "A" user only

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Hersh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi guys thanks for the suggestion....

I tried that but i think this is for analysis of user who has different id in different system.. For eg if we have linked three SAP system to CC and a user has id abc in system 1, def in system 2 and ghi in system 3.....

however my problem is that the user has a common id across the system but it has multiple id.. continuing with my example ..... a user has id abc in system 1, abc in system 2 and abc in system 3... in addition to this he also have another id pqr in system 1, pqr in system 2 and pqr in system 3....

So is there any way in which system understands that id abc and pqr is of the same user....

Answer to why we have multiple id for a user is concurrent employment requires that if you have different payroll area

Parveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parveen,

Well, have never come accross such a requirement but would agree that this is quite reasonable. For the "User Mapping ", I would not be able to confirm you now as I haven't tried it on my own. Will get back to you on this once I have access to my GRC server.

One more functionality that I think will probably help you in this issue is to create a user group, having all the user ID for one user and then doing a risk analysis for the complete group, rather than individual ID.

Regards,

Hersh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hersh,

I tried using user groups but what it does it just give me a report of all the user id within a group ... however for SOD it consider them individually not collectively... for eg. id A has access to only vendor master maintenance and id B has access only to process payments... if i group them together.. the SOD report will not show me any conflict b coz CC will treat user A and user B as separate user however according to my scenrio they it should be conflict b coz one person will be using both these user id...

Parveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parveen,

Thsi is tough luck.:(.

Even 'I tried for the same today, both with "User Group "and "Custom User Groups" but the report output in both cases is "User wise".

Another workaround can be if you simulate one of these users by adding the roles which all the other users have, if this can be presented and sold to the management in this manner. Thus in this case you need to give two reports to the management:

1. Having all the User IDs with roles associated to each User ID.

2. Result of simulation, when you add all the roles which are there with each of these users to a particular user ID.

It's just a way I can think of you can achieve it. If you come accross any other workaround, would request you to share with us too as this is a very Particular problem, which might not be faced generally by many people.

Regards,

Hersh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parveen,

Were you able to achieve it?

Regards,

Hersh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi hersh,

There is not technical solution to achieve this.. However our problem get resolved otherwise as 99 % of our user will be having unique id... Only very few will have multiple id and those users wont be having much access to SAP function..So we thought better to ignore those users..

PK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Parveen,

Ok. But this was a good and different thing to work on and interesting one too. Yes, there are certain things like this for which we may not get a direct answer techniacllay but we need to use the options available while we configure the product.

Have a nice week!!

Ciao!

Hersh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm interested in finding out more about your implementation or usage of of SAP's concurrent emplpyment functionality in SAP.

We also use this feature. We've been using it for 3 years. We've heard that SAP is moving towards a single user id PA0105-0001 per central person from the current one PA0105-0001 per pernr.

Have you heard anything about this?

We also use SRM 5.0 but we're not able to roll it out to our CE based employees. Do you you SRM or CRM and if you do, have you rolled it out to your CE employees?

Regards,

Jerry Martinek

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can maintain a list of this in the configuration under user mapping. That way the system can see them as one.

What is the reason for having this access? One user should have one account only in one system...