cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Roles and transaction authorizations for XI developer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anyone validates my requirements to Basis gui in SAP-XI installation.

Transactions authorizations needed are:

SXMB_IFR

SXMB_MONI

SXMB_MONI_BPE

SXI_Monitor

SXI_Cache

IDX1

IDX2

ALERTCATDEF

SM59

WE21

WE20

Do we require any other transactions as a developer.

2) During File-XI-Idoc scenario, we need to place Idocs in one SAP directory with read/write and delete permisions

Can any one suggests howmuch size should be allocated for this directory.

Regards,

venu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Venu

As a developer you need to have also the authorization of SE80..SE38..etc which are there in ABAP

There is predifined Authorization Group for Developer ..Just ask him to add you into that group...You will automatically gain those authorization...

Regarding

File-XI-Idoc Scenario...

You need not to place any IDOC in any of You directory..

You just place a text file which contains all the required information in such a format that can be easily converted into XML using File Adapter...Once You will convert that text file into XML format after that you need to MAP this XML Formated Data to Your IDOC Message Type.

Also Check out these links

it could be helpful for your scenario...

/people/anish.abraham2/blog/2005/12/22/file-to-multiple-idocs-xslt-mapping

/people/prateek.shah/blog/2005/06/08/introduction-to-idoc-xi-file-scenario-and-complete-walk-through-for-starters

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/b9/c5b13bbeb0cb37e10000000a11402f/content.htm

Cheers:-)

Mithlesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mithlesh,

Pls excuse me If I'm wrong.

Onced we convert into Idoc message type, I'm expecting that we need to place our Idoc information in some directory, so that an ABAP program pics up that information and process those Idocs.

If not could u pls suggest me how we should process the idocs by abap program or something.

Regards,

venu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

Once you convert your file to idoc XML message type , you can directly send idoc to your SAP system using receiver idoc adapter. Once the idoc arrives in your SAP system you can trigger an function module to process the incoming idoc.

Regards

Anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venu

I wanted to tell that...The information need not to be in IDOC format, It can be in any format like CSV,text, or XML...But yes you are right it must be placed in some directory of your server or on any FTP server..

Cheers:-)

Mithlesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mithlesh,

Thank for ur confirmation.

Suppose Idoc need to process from SAP-ISU Pls suggest which one would be better.

1)If we have authorizations to create/delete in SAP-ISU server, we will place file in the perticular directory and an SAP-ISU gui will process the idocs since he is having read authorizations to access that direcory.

2)Placing in ftp

Could u suggest howmuch size (directory) would be enough for normal scenarios.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Venu

What i think is

If the file is on Server...But Natural it will be processed faster as compared to getting file from FTP Server and processing it....

But if you talk about Industry Scenario...most often You will come across of Reading file from FTP server.

BCOZ an Industry would never prefer giving Write access in the network to any of the file or directory which is on SERVER....This will create security loop holes...

Cheers:)

Mithlesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mithlesh,

Excellent answer , Thank u very much

So according my final understanding messages with having Idoc format placed on ftp server and those are processed By ABAP people.

Right?

Regards,

venu.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venu,

Have look at this thread for XI transactions...

Also you can assign appropriate roles based on the activitis you want to perform...check this

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/58/d22940cbf2195de10000000a1550b0/content.htm

Regards

Anand