cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need suggestion

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am New to SAP XI integration. I have to extract pending sales order data from legacy database system

to SAP ECC. This process should create Purchase Requisition in SAP. Also I required that if the Material is not exist in SAP it should create material then it should create the Purchase requisition.

Please give suggestions on XI which adapter I should use for extracting data and How can I post data in to SAP. If material is not in SAP how can I find out. can I found out in mapping. Please suggest which adapter I should use for posting data in SAP

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>I have to extract pending sales order data from legacy database system

to SAP ECC.

You have to use JDBC adapter at the sender side and Idoc, RFC or proxy (which ever is applicable) at receive side.

>>Also I required that if the Material is not exist in SAP it should create material then it should create the Purchase requisition

Use RFC lookup in Mapping.

Thanks

Farooq

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Legacy system----

SAP ( Purchase order)

LEgacy system field -

Lookup to check material in SAP ( IF material exist )---> Create purchase order

-

Lookup to check material ( not exist)Lookup to create material-> create purchase order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

You can do the sceanrio uisng BPM.

You can check the availability of the amtrial by using BAPI_MATERIAL_AVAILBILITY.

or if you want to check the material exits or not, you can use BAPI_EXISTENCECHECK

from the response of the BAPI, you can know whether the material is available or not. You can use switch case in BPM.there you can specify the condition depending on your request.

If the matraila is not present, then call ORDERS bapi for creating purchase order.

In BAPI_MATERIAL_AVAILABILITY, if the availability field is 0.000, then you can go for purchse order to create.

Regards,

Leela

dharamveer_gaur2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can use ORDERS idoc for Creating Purchase order.

But you want to check it before sending so you have to use look up in Mapping.

Look up not possible with idoc,so use BAPI->BAPI_PO_CREATE for purchase order creation and use RFC look up mapping .

Edited by: Dharamveer Gaur on Sep 18, 2008 6:15 AM

dharamveer_gaur2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There are two ways for sending data form R/3 to XI

1. Using RFC

2. using IDOC

But as to told that u want to extract data from legacy...so if you want direct data from legacy then use file content conversion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually the Data flow is from Database system to XI. Can I use the existing ORDERS idoc for Creating Purchase order at SAP system. If the material is not present in SAP how can I catch in IDOC adapter?

Former Member
0 Kudos

for purchase order creation use bapi_po_create.

for checking material existence use BAPI_MATERIAL_AVAILABILITY

Former Member
0 Kudos

So in the sender side I can use JDBC adapter

receiver side ABAP proxy calling BAPI_MATERIAL_AVAILABILITY and then bapi_po_create.

otherwise I can use RFC Adapter and RFC lookup in mapping. In these which is more good in performance and complexity?

Thank you for quick replies I'll award points...

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI kevin,

Use JDBC adapter at sender side and RFC adapter at receiver side.There will be no complexity in using RFC adapter.So better to go for RFC at receiver side instead IDOC adapter as look ups not possible.At sender side for JDBC adapter deploy the appropriate drivers based on ur data base.IF ur application at sender side is web service based then u need to go for HTTP or SOAP at sender side.

Regards.

Farooq.