cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STO: Relationship between Plant & Sales Org.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What is the relationship between Plant and Sales Org in STO

I mean to say can one plant transfer stock to more then one sales org.Or can one Sales Org receive stock more then one plant.If it is possible then where to assign diff internal number.

Regards

debasish

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Manoj_Mahajan78
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi...

STO (stock transfer order) between two plant of same company code

Here the stock or material or products will be transfer between two plant which are belongs to the same company code.

Here up to delivery will be happen there will not be any billing activity.

two plant of different company code.

Here the stock or material or products will be transfer between two plant which are belongs to the different company codes.

Here inter company billing will be happen because the financial statement are different for two company codes.

See below Link-

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_47x200/helpdata/en/4d/2b911d43ad11d189410000e829fbbd/content.htm

Regds

MM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Stock Transfer Order is of 2 types Inter company stock transfers & intra company stock transfers.

Inter company stock transfers is between 2 different company codes. So it will obviously between 2 different Sales Org. For eg Sales org 1000 Plant A, Sales Org 2000 Plant B. If you want to process STO inthat case, you define Plant B as internal customer in Sales org 1000 & vice versa. Also you assign the internal customer num to both the plants.

Intra company STO is within same company code.

Regards,

Sivanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

D Gupta

Yes u can tansfer materail from one palnt to many sales organisation but for that evrytime as and when yr sales area get change u have to maintain the sales area in the plant through Tcode OMGN - plant.

Yes once sales org can receive material from more than one sales organisation.

If u don't won't to chagne the sales organisation everytime with change in yr sales organisation u have to go for Y / Z programe with logic like

>select single * from t001w into i_t001w

where werks = pwerks.

if sy-subrc = 0.

wkunnr = pkunnr.

i_t001w-kunnr = wkunnr.

i_t001w-vkorg = pvkorg.

i_t001w-vtweg = pvtweg.

i_t001w-spart = pspart.

modify t001w from i_t001w.

commit work.

else.

message i000(8i) with ' Create Plant'

exit.

endif.

at selection-screen.

select single * from kna1

where kunnr = pkunnr.

if sy-subrc ne 0.

message e000(8i) with 'Customer not there please check'.

endif.

Hope this will help you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The sales organization is an organizational unit within logistics, that structures the company according to its sales requirements. It represents the selling unit as a legal entity. It is responsible for product guarantees and other rights to recourse, for example. Regional subdividing of the market can also be carried out with the help of sales organizations.

Each business transaction is processed within a sales organization.

Each sales organization is assigned exactly one company code for which you enter all accounting details of the sales organization.

A distribution chain can be active for several plants and the plants can be assigned to different company codes. If the sales organization and plant are assigned to different company codes, an internal billing document is sent between the company codes before the sales transactions are entered for accounting purposes.

u2018nu2019 no. of Sales Org could be assigned to 1 Plant.

Refer to following link for stock movement, this might help you, some extent:

http://www.sap-basis-abap.com/mm/configuring-the-stock-transport-order.htm

Best Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

>

> The sales organization is an organizational unit within logistics, that structures the company according to its sales requirements. It represents the selling unit as a legal entity. It is responsible for product guarantees and other rights to recourse, for example. Regional subdividing of the market can also be carried out with the help of sales organizations.

> Each business transaction is processed within a sales organization.

> Each sales organization is assigned exactly one company code for which you enter all accounting details of the sales organization.

> A distribution chain can be active for several plants and the plants can be assigned to different company codes. If the sales organization and plant are assigned to different company codes, an internal billing document is sent between the company codes before the sales transactions are entered for accounting purposes.

> u2018nu2019 no. of Sales Org could be assigned to 1 Plant.

>

> Refer to following link for stock movement, this might help you, some extent:

>

> http://www.sap-basis-abap.com/mm/configuring-the-stock-transport-order.htm

>

> Best Regards,

>

> Amit

>

> Hi,

>

> The sales organization is an organizational unit within logistics, that structures the company according to its sales requirements. It represents the selling unit as a legal entity. It is responsible for product guarantees and other rights to recourse, for example. Regional subdividing of the market can also be carried out with the help of sales organizations.

> Each sales organization is assigned exactly one company code for which you enter all accounting details of the sales organization.

> A distribution chain can be active for several plants and the plants can be assigned to different company codes. If the sales organization and plant are assigned to different company codes, an internal billing document is sent between the company codes before the sales transactions are entered for accounting purposes.

>

>

>

> Best Regards,

>

> Amit

>

> Hi,

>

>

>

>

> Best Regards,

>

> Amit

Thanks Amit for the quick reply but my question was about Stock Transfer Order between company codes.So can you please clarify me again with regard to this scenario whether one Sales org can make POs for more then one Plants.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Basically, Stock Transfer gets placed b/w one Plant to anoher Plant, and every Plant is assigned to exactly one Company Code.

Have you maintained Plant for each Company-code?

Also,

when Stock Transfer takes place, one Plant gets inward-entries while other gets an outward.

Please go-through one more link:

http://www.sap-basis-abap.com/sd/what-is-stock-transfer-order.htm

Hope, this relates to your query.

Best Regards,

Amit.