cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trouble with Entry Point

former_member205400
Active Participant
0 Kudos

I'm having trouble with an entry point in my EP 6 portal. We are at sp18.

I had a couple tabs (entry points) at the top of my log-in I created a couple months ago and so I just created a new one today like the other two but for some reason they are not showing up.

Of course I'm thinking I have a permission problem but it looks like the permissions are fine.

folder_a - everyone

.....folder_b - myuserb, everyone

.....folder_c - myuserc, everyone

..........workset_c ... entry point = yes

...............workset_c1

....................iview_c

So, If myuserc logs in they should be able to see workset_c..... am I right?

The permissions from folder_c filter down to the lower components, right?

Mike

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member205400
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yeah, so i had 1) some problems with inheriting permissions and reset them, and 2) I needed to create a role and assign my user to theat role (i had forgotten to do that)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you add workset to a role and then did you assign that role to user c?

after assigning that role to user c and set entry point = yes , then you can see role in toplevel navigation and if you set work set entry point=yes , you can see workset in second top level navigation when you click that role.

Koti Reddy

former_member205400
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yeah, thats what I don't get...

>>>>Did you add workset to a role and then did you assign that role to user c?

I have a role bi_test_mike and I assigned it to the folder_c and checked the "read" permissions. I checked and the lower level objects inherited the permissions of the folder, so workset_c shows bi_mike_test.

>>>>after assigning that role to user c and set entry point = yes , then you can see role in toplevel navigation and if you set work set entry point=yes , you can see workset in second top level navigation when you click that role.

I checked workset_c and it has entry_point =yes.

the other workset_c1 has entry point = no. workset_c1 is on workset_c.

I have another folder_b and I made the permissions for folder_b and folder_c the same on both and checked the objects beneath them that they were the same. Then on workset_b and workset_c i made the entry point = no.I couldn't see either. Then on both workset_b and workset_c i made the entry point = yes. However I can only see workset_b.

The only difference between the two is workset_b was created by j2ee_admin and workset_c was created by myself. I am in the Administrators group in the UME.

Scratching my head.