cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

General Data iView under Employee Profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I need to change the General Data file under Employee Profile in MSS.

The file name is: com.sap.pct.hcm.eeprofilegeneraldata.par

Right now the display under GEneral data in portal shows positon name but i need to show the position Number also..the concerned JSP file inside the above said PAr file uses Java class method like data.getPosition() to fetch the position name.

NOw i am not sure how and by which method i can fetch position number too and display it.

COuld anyone help/advice..

thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amit,

which version of MSS you are using?

if it is not ITS based you need NWDI to modify the code in MSS

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mate,

quite new to these things..but i extracted my par file via WINRAR and i have to change my JSP page..i am able to change it but thing is i don know which method i have to use to fetch the posiiton number.

The JSP code is like this -

<%@ page import="java.util.ResourceBundle"%>

<%@ taglib uri="htmlb" prefix="hbj" %>

<jsp:useBean id="data" scope="request" class="com.sap.pct.hcm.employeeprofile.generaldata.GeneralDataBean" />

<jsp:useBean id="cKey" scope="request" class="com.sap.pct.hcm.orgmanagementeventing.CKey" />

<hbj:content id="myContext" >

<hbj:page>

<%= cKey.getJavaScriptForURLCaller() %>

<% ResourceBundle rb = componentRequest.getResourceBundle(); %>

<%

String payType;

String payArea;

String payGroup;

String payLevel;

if(data.getCompensationType()==data.TYPE_PAY_SCALE){

payType = rb.getString("pay_type");

payArea = rb.getString("pay_area");

payGroup = rb.getString("pay_group");

payLevel = rb.getString("pay_level");

} else {

payType = rb.getString("sal_type");

payArea = rb.getString("sal_area");

payGroup = rb.getString("sal_group");

payLevel = rb.getString("sal_level");

}

%>

<hbj:form>

<%= cKey.getHiddenFormField() %>

<%= cKey.getJavaScriptForEventReceiver(componentRequest, myContext.getCurrentFormId()) %>

<table border="0"><tr><td colspan="7">

<hbj:textView text="<%=data.getName()%>" design="HEADER2"/>&nbsp;&nbsp;<hbj:textView text="<%=\"(\" + data.getPERNR() + \")\"%>" design="HEADER3"/>

</td></tr>

<tr><td colspan="7" height="5px"></td>

<tr>

<td colspan="3"><hbj:textView text="<%=rb.getString(\"group_contract_data\")%>" design="HEADER3"/></td>

<td>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</td>

<td colspan="3"><hbj:textView text="<%=rb.getString(\"group_communication\")%>" design="HEADER3"/></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><hbj:label id="la" labelFor="a" text="<%=rb.getString(\"work_contract\")%>"/></td><td>&nbsp;</td><td><hbj:textView id="a" text="<%=data.getWorkContract()%>"/></td>

<td></td>

<td><hbj:label id="lb" labelFor="b" text="<%=rb.getString(\"email\")%>"/></td><td>&nbsp;</td><td><hbj:link id="b" reference="<%=\"mailto:\"+data.getEmail()%>" text="<%=data.getEmail()%>"/></a></td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><hbj:label id="lc" labelFor="c" text="<%=rb.getString(\"hire_date\")%>"/></td><td></td><td><hbj:textView id="c" text="<%=data.getEntryDate()%>"/></td>

<td></td>

<td><hbj:label id="ld" labelFor="d" text="<%=rb.getString(\"office\")%>"/></td><td></td><td><hbj:textView id="d" text="<%=data.getOffice()%>"/></td>

</tr>

-

etc etc----

if you see here they are using method like getEmail() etc for displaying data on front end screen.

at the top of this file there is a bean file included -

<jsp:useBean id="data" scope="request" class="com.sap.pct.hcm.employeeprofile.generaldata.GeneralDataBean"

this must be having all methods..bt i don know where this bean file can be acceessed? i cant see it anywhere in my extracted PAr file.

The only requrement of mine is to display postion number next to the text(text is already getting displayed)..

imran_khan20
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Go through this link.You need to add the method to the Bean as well as JSP.But make sure that the particular method is present in your Backend (R/3).

decompiling jar files

[;

Regards

Imran

Answers (0)