Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

report converted from CR 8.5 to XI used by a VB6 application

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a VB 6 application using Report converted from CR 8.5 to XI

I have an message error when I call the report.

This existing Report contains 6 sub-reports and each sub-report has his own Data field definiton file (.ttx). Whe I convert the Report, I only open it with CR XI and all the sub-reports and save it.

I have test and having an error (20525) from my VB6 application. (this is the only report than I have problem with, and the only one built with ttx)

We still use the dll of CR 8.5 in VB6 project because all other reports work fine.

There is the VB code to create the CR application, to fill and open the report:

' ***************************************

Private CDOSet As CrystalDataObject.CrystalComObject

Private RepApp As CRPEAuto.Application

Private CrystRep As CRPEAuto.Report

Private RepDb As CRPEAuto.Database

Private RepTables As CRPEAuto.DatabaseTables

Private RepTable As CRPEAuto.DatabaseTable

Private SubReport As CRPEAuto.Report

Private SubReportDb As CRPEAuto.Database

Private SubReportTables As CRPEAuto.DatabaseTables

Private SubReportTable As CRPEAuto.DatabaseTable

'Open the principal report

Set CrystRep = RepApp.OpenReport(App.Path & "\Rapports\IND.rpt")

Set RepDb = CrystRep.Database

Set RepTables = RepDb.Tables

Set RepTable = RepTables.Item(1)

' ***************************************

the application stop at the opening of the principal report

Can you help me ? For all others CR reports convert to CR XI I have no problem but they are code as the one having problems. Do I have to upgrade the CR component in my VB project and/or update the coding ? If I have to upgrade the CR components tell me wich one I have to add and how I can have it. Other and last thing ... can you tell me wich dll I have to add into the deployment kit I have to convert too ?

P.s.: If someone can reply to me in french it will be appreciate. Other wise, It will be fine in english too ;o)

Thank you,

Lyne

Edited by: Lyne P on Sep 18, 2008 12:55 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Lyne,

The problem is you are using the OCX control which has been deprecated in version 8.5. The replacement report engine is RDC ( Report Designer Component). I'm attaching a document on how to convert your app to use the RDC.

It's for CR 9 but the same goes. Also RDC has now been deprecated as of Version CR 2008 it no longer is shipped and you need to move to .NET and the .NET framework.

Thank you

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

We have bought the CR XI R2 professionnal. How can I get the RDC for CR9?

Thank you,

Lyne

0 Kudos

Hi Lyne,

Sorry about that. Not sure why I can add a file but no one can download it. heres the link from our support site:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/d0266ff1-261f-2b10-0284-e45e1568...

Thank you for upgrading

Don

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Lyne, CR XI R2 professional is not licensed for development, thus it does not ship craxdrt.dll. You need CR XI R2 Developer to get any Crystal reports SDKs, including the RDC (craxdrt.dll)

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Don,

I think I was miss understood. I need the dll of RDC CR 9 : craxdrt9.dll and creviewr9.dll as the RDC structure is made of.

Sorry, my english is not very good.

Thank you for your help,

Lyne

0 Kudos

Hi Lyne,

If you have XI R2 why do you want CR 9? It's past it's end of life and no support available for it.

As Ludek indicated you do need the Developer version and once you get it you can simply add the RDC to your project.

Thanks again

Don

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Understood re version 9 craxdrt.dll. Unfortunately, we can not supply the dll. It was part of Crystal reports 9 developer. That version of Crystal reports has not shipped in... 5 years or so. We do not hand out individual dlls. The only way for you to proceed is to upgrade your version of Crystal Reports to Developer. This will then install craxdrt.dll of version 11.x and you will be able to work with that. Please also consider my otehr post where I recommend that you move to .NET as the craxdrt.dll (RDC) has been retired and you will not be able to upgrade from version XI. As well, support for version XI will also be running out shortly.

But the main point is, we can not supply you with individual DLLs.

Ludek

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Lyne;

Bad news all over the place for you...

1) Unfortunately, no French from me so let's see if we can do this in English...

2) You are using what used to be called the Automation Server. This technology was retired before CR 8.5

3) At the time Automation Server was retired, the natural port was to the Report Designer Component (port = rewrite of the application)

4) The Report Designer Component has also now been retired in the most recent version of Crystal Reports (CR 2008)

In light of all of the above, you do have two options:

1) Port (rewrite) your app and use the Report Designer Component. As you have CR XI, you can do this, however the lifetime of this app will be short lived as no future releases of Crystal Reports will have the Report Designer Component

2) Port your app to Visual Studio .NET and use the Crystal Reports Assemblies for .NET

Let me know in which direction you'd prefer to go in and I will supply more information on the technology you choose to go with.

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos