Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Creating Query with dynamic columns to show results

Hi experts,

I need to know how to create a query with dynamic columns. Meaning, I don't want to create a query with fixed columns representing the 12 periods of the fiscal year to show me actuals as the fiscal year proceeds.

For example, if I am currently in the middle of period 3 (March) of a fiscal year, when I execute the query, I need it to automatically only show me the 'Actuals' for periods 1 and 2, without seeing the columns from periods 3 to 12 showing blank.

Then when I am in the middle period 5 (May) the query should ONLY show me the columns for periods 1 to 4 'Actuals', no results should be shown for periods 5 to 12 yet, and I don't want to even see blank columns for period 6 to 12.

How do I define my columns, to achieve this.

Maximum points will be awarded.

Thanks Everyone.

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi Ehab

create your restricted key figure in the columns and include a range restriction on period from 1 to ( Current period vairable -1), then drag in a characterisic like 0fiscper3 into the columns under the restricted key figure you created this should give a you a period break down of the rkf and only the period within the range will be displayed.

Josh

0 View this answer in context

Helpful Answer

by
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question