cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using Char relationship to derive 0FISCPER from 0FISCPER3 and 0FISCYEAR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ALL,

Has anyone created a charcateristic relationship in BI-IP to derive 0FISCPER (Fiscalyear/Period) from 0FISCPER3 (Posting period) and 0FISCYEAR (Fiscal year)? Or whether its done via FM.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member93896
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ehab,

BI-IP performs this derivation automatically.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/44/be8b631c743959e10000000a1553f6/frameset.htm

Regards

Marc

SAP NetWeaver RIG

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marc,

Thanks for that. But I would still need to set up the source in targets in the characteristic relationship, right? I mena it's not automatic in the sense that I don't have to set anything up?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is completely automatic. You need not set anything - both combination check and derivation will happen automatically.

As an example, if the planning application tries to write a record in the cube where 0calyear is 2008 and 0calmonth is 200706, an error will be thrown.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Mayank and Marc,

So here's my example, and let me know if I understood correctly.

In my real-time cube I have:

0FISCPER (fiscalyear/period)

0FISCPER3 (posting period)

0FISCYEAR (fiscal year)

In my aggregate I only have:

0FISCYEAR (Fiscal year)

In my Query Desinger:

0FISCYEAR (Fiscal year)

So, is it correct to say, as long as 0FISCPER3 and 0FISCYEAR are populated in my planning layout (or derived from SAP EXIT), it will automatically fill the 0FISCPER in the cube for me ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the SAP documentation link provided in Marc's post above, you can see the list of all possible automatic time char derivations.

Also note that it is not possible to override these automatic characteristic relationships with your own logic.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks. I will test it.