cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interunit elimination documents

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends

I wonder if is correct that the documents of Interunit Elimination appear after execute balance carry forward?

example

I have a document for interunit elimination in period 12 and then I execute Balance carryforward (period 1)and execute the task "acc recev Vs account Pay" and the total data from this item still appear.

Is necesary to do the task "period initialization"?

Thanks in advance

cheers

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes it is correct that the elimination records are carried forward to period 000.

If these are to be inverted, then yes, the period initialization must be executed for this to occur.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dan

but If I don`t use "period initialization" is correct? or is it necesary to use, I remember that in old version like 3.5 this functionality doesn`t exist.

cheers

dan_sullivan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have document types configured for automatic inversion, you must use period initialization.

If you do not use automatic inversion document types and therefore do not need period initialization, then you will still see period 000 records with balances for the documents, but the system knows to factor these into the automatic tasks to determine accurate periodic postings for the accurate balances.

For what it is worth, I prefer to avoid this type of document and the period initialization task, and have had success in doing so in many cases. However, the customer enterprise determines whether or not that is the requirement.

Answers (0)