cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BPC 5.1 vs 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

What are the major differences between BPC 5.1 and 7.0. Can someone have some link or documents?

If I attend the training for BPC 5.1, is the architecture is majorly different with BPC 7.0?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

Please refer to link below:

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Umesh

pravin_datar
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Gokul,

Are you referring to BPC7M or BPC7NW? BPC7M has the same architecture as BPC5.x but BPc7NW is based on Netweaver platform. You can also get more information and demos at:

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/epm-elearning

Regards

Pravin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I was searching the SAP Forum for any information about release dates for BPC 7 (Microsoft version) and the end of support for version 5.1.

Our budget team is planning for next year and someone in the team read somewhere, but could not find where they read information, that version 5.1 will not be supported by SAP sometime in 2009. And that BPC 7M will be released in 2009. Also if 5.1 will no longer be supported, will a higher maintenance fee be offered to keep 5.1 supported for a while.

Does anyone know if the above end to 5.1 support, and release of PBC 7M for 2009 is correct? Any additional information would be helpful.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Let me address your question:

- Support for BPC 4.2 for Microsoft (or Outlooksoft CPM) will end Sept 2009.

- Support for BPC 5.0 for Microsoft will end June 2009.

- Support for BPC 5.1 for Microsoft was extended and will now end around Feb 2010.

The newest version of BPC 7.0 for Microsoft is in a RAMP-up Phase, where participants have access to the release prior to General Availability (GA), planned for tenatively Early 2009. The reason the date is not concrete is based on SAP's process that measures when the ramp-up version achieves its targets and may exit to GA.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Petar,

Thanks for your reply. I showed it to our budget group and they said they read about the same dates, but wanted to be sure before making statements to senior management about planning our departement budget requirements for the next year or two.

Regards,

Bucky

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gokal,

There are two separate BPC 7.0 products.

1) BPC 7.0, version for the Microsoft Platform

2) BPC 7.0, version for the NetWeaver Platform

The former of the two is an evolutionary product based off of the BPC 5.1 release of BPC. The latter of the two BPC 7.0, version for the NetWeaver platform is the porting of the BPC product to the NetWeaver BI platform and off of Microsoft BI. This allows existing NetWeaver customers to leverage their EDW and ERP systems and natively integrate their actuals to their planning system via BI / BPC dataflow.

Hopefully this clarifies things a bit.

Cheers, Scott