cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to config Service Contr transaction for Ser Order generation every mont

Former Member
0 Kudos

Gurus, Pl. guide me here.

Objective: To set-up a Service Contract where a Service Order (Trans. Type: SRV0) is generated 5th of every month. System should generate Service Order every month automatically. Also, would like to assign a Service Product u2013 Ibase product.

1st: Create a new Transaction type by copying SC u2013 SAP Service Contract.

2nd: Create new Date Profile. Checked default Date Profile -CONT002, it does not have Date Rule, which helps to set Frequency/Interval-5th of every month. Unless a new Date Rule is designed and used here.

Not sure whether date profile-SERVPLAN can be used in this scenario.

3rd: Use Action Profile-SERVICEPLAN (which has an predefined action u2013 CREATE_SERVICEORDER), into new service contract transaction type you have created. When I tried to do this, it came-up with error: The action profile is only allowed for object type 'BUS2000148'.

Not sure how to proceed further.

I need this urgently. Your guidence is highly appreciated. Full points will be given to correct answer.

Thanks in advance for your time and efforts.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niraj,

Service plan is maintained at item level. So you need to add one line item in the service contract as service plan item. Use the Standard item category SPLA or create a Z item category by copying it.You can assign your action profile and date profile to this item category for triggering the service orders at regular intervals during the contract period.

Hope it helps

Regards,

Madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Got it.

& FULL POINTS GOES TO MADHU...!!!

APPRECIATE A LOT...

One Quick Question though: I still would require to create a new Date Rule - which can act as trigger to create Service Order 5th of every month, correct??

Niraj.

Edited by: Niraj Desai on Sep 18, 2008 10:16 PM

Edited by: Niraj Desai on Sep 19, 2008 12:57 AM

Answers (0)