cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Working in Debug mode, not after building the installation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a button to launch a form.

When I test it in debug mode, it works fine.

But, after making installation, if I do the same thing (press the button), I'm getting the following error:

Unexpected end of file while parsing name has occured. Line 1, position 2654.

Also, we have few add-ons operating on sales order.

When we open the sales order in client site through RDP, there is continuous flickering/refresh.

In in-house, we don't get that problem.

Please help me with this.

These are very critical issues for my release.

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Geetha

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

David is true, my notes:

1. button and opening form - I think due the error that the xml file you are trying to create form with isnt valid. Try to open it through internet explorer and check, if is shown normally or IE will say, that is corrupted (there is detailed info about this than in SAP).

2. flickering - I think that this is doing through FS, check if in the form are some formatted searches anf if there is no deadlock between. The next what should be problematic is RDP - the flickering in RDP is often normaly. Try to decrease the resolution of desktop on rdp or ask customer localy, if the flickering occurs.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot, David and Petr.

Thanks for giving me very good details.

Im my case, the problem happened because:

I tried opening the SRF file in screen painter (similar to what you both suggested), and it was not opening. I wonder how could it open in debug mode. Then, I created a new SRF file from scratch, and it is working. Simple things never get to me in the beginning:)

For flickering: There were buttons created in SO screen by those 3 add-ons seperately, and there might hv been some sync issue. I moved all the button creation to a single add-on, and it stopped flickering.

Thank you, Have a nice day.

Nussi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Geetha,

1.) button problem:

i don't know how you open the form - when you do it with a XML file maybe you packed the wrong XML file into your addon installer.

2.) the flickering can be a problem of formatted searches or interacting with other addons.

when addon a. changes a field it can be that addon b. does something because of the event from addon a.

the same can happen when you have formatted searches that do something when a field changes.

ok - that are my last tipps for this day

good night

David