cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WBS budget functionality for Maintenance Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Experts,

Can we use the Availability control functionality of WBS budget with Plant Maintenance orders? If yes what are the necessary config/settings required to do that?

Thanks

Arya

Edited by: Arya Singh on Sep 17, 2008 11:08 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arya,

Assigning maintenance order to WBS will increase assigned funds of WBS which will get checked against budget if availability control is active. So just assigning MO to WBS on additonal tab shud work.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shrikant thanks for the reply! Couple of things here:

"Assigning maintenance order to WBS will increase assigned funds of WBS which will get checked against budget if availability control is active" - Actually this is the other way around, we want to assign WBS to MO, which you mentioned at the additional tab.

1) What do you mean by it will increase the funds of WBS?

2) You meant MO (PO, Time charged) will be checked against WBS budget (AVAC)?

I apologise if my question was not clear.

Thanks

Arya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Your question was quite clear. What I have interpreted is you would be budgeting WBS, assigning WBS to MO (maintenace order) in additional data tab, you want costs of MO to be checked against budget of WBS. Let me know I misunderstood the scenario.

1. By funds I mean assigned funds, ie what costs are assigned to that WBS. Avalability control always checks these assigned funds against WBS budget.

2. Logically MO costs shud get checked against WBS budget.

One addition: check in OPSV for order type 30, both check boxes shud be ticked

Regards

Edited by: Shrikant Rakate on Sep 18, 2008 8:50 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

AVAC control of WBS worked for MO even though only one checkbox is ticked (Assign funds in plan) in OPSV.

Appreciated Shrikant.

Arya:)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Arya,

For budget availability control to get activated against MO thru WBSE, you should create MO as a subnetwork of an activity in PS.

Please try following

1) Create a Project, WBSE, Network with one Internal activity. T-code CJ20N.

2) Assign Budget to the WBSE. T-code CJ30.

3) Assign Budget profile at Proj Def level. Choose activation type as 1 in profile.

4) In MO, in additonal data tab, enter the network and activity number. WBSE will be fetched automatically by the system.

5) For point 4 above do config setting @ T-code OPTP. Enter following in two columns

1) Network type Subntwrk = MO order type.

2) Ntwktype replaced act = PS network type.

6) Assign a component or raise service PR such that it exceeds budget. Sytem will throw an error for budget unavailability.

7) To check report S_alr_87013558 to know Budget/commitment/Assigned funds/Remaining budget.

Please post ur observations.

Thanks

Saikishore Ganga.