cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

XMII 12.0 Security Model

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've recently inherited responsibility for MII 12.0 security. Are there any articles, white papers, etc. that describe the best practices (or how the MII security model works).

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ed,

Fundamentally the security in MII v12.0 is managed at the NetWeaver layer in User Management Engine (UME). All Roles, Users and User to Role relationships are at this level. http://help.sap.com will be your best option for UME configuration as it relates to native Datasource users, Kerberos, LDAP, etc.

MII specific Data Servers and Services, primarily as they relate to application content utilization, are managed on the MII side where the access control is mapped from the UME Role(s) to a given Data Server or Service.

MII specific Roles in UME have SAP MII prefixes in them for Administrators, Developers, Users which provide a baseline level of capability into most of the underlying MII services and Data Servers.

Regards,

Jeremy

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Just to add to Jeremy, you can maintain authorization on NW by creating groups and assigning users to the group.

I hope you are aware of the fact "Assigning role on ABAP stack will not give equivalent access on Java stack" , You have to manage security from 'NW WAS UME'.

There are many pre-delivered SAP actions which give access to users on NW, I dont think you can make any changes to the standard ones as they can be used like templates as they use Java.

I am working on segregating duties among teams was successful in designing helpdesk, security admin,....now working on other roles...

I think the above links give you pretty good understanding how security works, alternatively you may want to see below link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/5f/670db7939b8e48999d65f8a05ad611/content.htm

hope this help you

Thank You.