Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: ALV view in background

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am creating ALV report its working fine, i got a output in ALV view, but when i run this program in background, i got output in basic list view so this is the policy of background i can not see ALV view in when i run this program in background, or there is somthing i missing in my program

i use REUSE_ALV_GRID_DISPLAY function module in my progrma

please guide me what i change in my program

Thanks

Jigar

8 REPLIES 8

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you are viewing your output from the spool then it cannot be interactive(ALV). I will be in Basic list view.

One complicated way to overcome that is to write two programs, one for selection and display and the second for data fetching and processing. Run the first program, and in the code submit the second program in background , read the spool programatically and then display it in interactive format.

0 Kudos

Hi Aprna,

Thanks for quick reply.

is there any standard program for that, we can convert report from basic list to ALV view?

Thanks

Jigar

0 Kudos

As far as I know there is no standard program for this. Hence it is the Complicated option. You have to develop you own report to do it.

This blog explains how it can be done:

You may choose the option only if there is no other choice. Instead try to OPTIMIZE the report so that it runs in foreground.

Why are you running the report in background?

If your need for running the ALV in background is not due to timeout issue then it is not possible to get interactive(ALV) output.

0 Kudos

Hi Aparna & Sourav,

Thanks for help, i have assign point also.

Thanks

Jigar

Former Member
0 Kudos

did you check in the spool ?

0 Kudos

Hi Sunil,

i have checked in spool only and i got basic list result from spool only.

Thanks

Jigar

former_member212653
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In background the ALV grid will be automatically converted to ALV List. You can't have a grid in background, only List output is possible.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks