cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having Problems with loading a ReportDocument

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all. I've developed an ASP.NET 2.0 application in C#. As per documentation I've previously, my app loads a report based on a file path string. It then sets the logon credentials. When the user views the report, the report sets the necessary parameters accordingly and the ReportViewer sets the ReportDocument object as its datasource.

The problem I'm having is that the ReportDocument.Load() method seems to take considerably longer than the other functions involved in generating the report. This function takes roughy 20-35 seconds to execute and consequently degrades the performance of the web app. Is there anything that can be done to speed up this method? If not, are there any other methods of generating a report to display in the ReportViewer? I tried using the ReportSource control and it was very unstable. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Mark:

You are seeing a "normal" behavior, if this is the case on the load of a first report. Subsequent reports should be significantly faster. Only way to make the first load appear faster is to load the CR assemblies and dlls on app start. E.g.; load a fake report on app start. Unfortunately, those 20+ seconds will now move to the initialization / load of the app...

Ludek

BTW., downloading the latest Service packs is never a bad idea and may help a bit, but not 10+ seconds for sure.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Latest service pack can be downloaded from [here|https://websmp230.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/bobj_download/main.htm]

Select product,version,software type optional.

Hope that helps!!

Regards,

Shweta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

one more [link|http://resources.businessobjects.com/support/additional_downloads/service_packs/crystal_reports_en.asp] for latest service packs.

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

-Which Crystal report version are you using?

-Issue in on development or deployment machine ?

-Paste your code here

Regards,

Shweta