cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change job of employee?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not sure how to change the job of an employee that has already been entered into HR. I tried to edit the employee's account by using PA30 but the "job key" field is locked (blue). I'm assuming that I need to use a personnel action, but there isn't one for promotion or change job is there?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You would need to utilize transaction PA40 to accomplish this. I am not sure of you have any standard delivered actions present, but if there isn't one that exists for position change for instance, it is fairly easy to set up.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Where would I define the new personnel action?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Through the IMG (transaction code - SPRO) at the following location:

Personnel Management > Personnel Administration > Customizing Procedures > Actions

You will need to complete the following steps:

1) Set up personnel actions > Personnel Action Types

2) Create reasons for personnel actions

3) Change action menu > Action Menu

4) Define infogroups

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually it turns out that there is an option to change job code. I am selecting option 13 "Job Code Change", but when I try to execute I get this:

Record stored only in Additional Actions infotype. Save

Does this mean it's going through or not working? It never prompts me for what it's changing to.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That just means that it is saving information under additional actions, which can be seen by doing a display on IT0000. But it sounds like the action has not been properly defined all the way through so you may still need to do a portion of the configuration I described.

Answers (0)