Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Attempting to install XI V2 SP4 from scratch - can't connect to CMS

I've been trying to install XI V2 SP4 from scratch - no upgrades, the full install - but haven't had any success. [This thread|Full Install for XI R2 SP4?; has the full details, but in short form, here's my problem:

I downloaded what was supposed to be the full install. I ran through the entire installation, and at the end it asked me to connect the CMS. I tried no password (as suggested in the documentation) and that didn't work. I tried a valid Windows Authenticated username and password, but neither was able to connect. When I looked in the SQL server database that I was configured ODBC to connect to, there were no tables in it at all.

Confused, I looked at the documentation that I had downloaded, and it said I needed SP2 or SP3 to install SP4, even though the files I downloaded were supposed to be for the full version. It also said the install would look for pre-requisites and fail if it couldn't find them, which it didn't. I'm not sure if the documentation is wrong, or if the files aren't what they're labeled, or if I'm just doing something stupid.

Anyone have any ideas?

TIA,

Lee

Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question