Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ALV - refresh data after value is selected from input help

former_member199351
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have input ALV where after I enter material number and press enter, the logic goes ahead and populates description column by utilizing ON_DATA_CHECK event.

Is is possible to trigger some kind of event after the value is selected from search help without hitting enter key?

When the user done with using search help and clicks on material number that he needs, the value is populated in ALV cell, and this is where I need some event trigger to fire the logic to get description without pressing enter.

Thanks,

Alex

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

former_member199351
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alejandro,

This is an interesting idea. I have tried it, but it did not work for me. I guess, the reason could be because I utilize search help user exits to get data across from back end SAP system to NW7.

Regards,

Alex

alejandro_bindi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not sure why it doesn't work but I really don't think it's because of the RFC exit.

Check this threads replied by Thomas Jung on similar subjects, you may read something i've missed and find out what the problem is:

former_member199351
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Suman,

Thank you for your input.

Regards,

Alex

alejandro_bindi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Alex, in that case, the alternative you have is to:

- Create a Z structure where you have all the table fields

- Bind the Standard DDIC search help to the Material ID (Importing) and the Description (Exporting)

- Create the whole context node in WD referencing that DDIC structure.

The important thing here is that the context node as a whole must reference the structure in order for this to work, not just the fields affected. This may not be possible or desirable in certain cases.

If you do this, the Description will be populated by the SH through its returning parameter, so you wont have to do anything in WD to retrieve it as for the manual input + Enter cases.

Here you have some help on SHs parameters:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/35/bdb6e2c48411d1950800a0c929b3c3/frameset.htm

Hope this helps.

Edited by: Alejandro Bindi on Sep 19, 2008 12:36 PM

former_member199351
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes.

Regards,

Alex

former_member199351
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Sanjiv,

Thanks for a reply. I am not using OVS for input help. I am using SAP standard search helps. We currently have ABAP NNW7 trial version installed, and I had to create search help user exits to pull the data from our ECC 5.0 system, so I need to use search helps.

Regards,

Alex

Former Member
0 Kudos

You are using ABAP Webdynpro application here, right ?

Thanks,

Sanjiv

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

There is no events to handle for standard serch helps instead you have to use Freely programmed input help or OVS.

Thanks

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alex,

If you are using OVS functionality then I think you should be able to refresh the data in ALV table at the 3rd phase of the ovs_callback_object->phase_indicator value.

i.e WHEN ovs_callback_object->phase_indicator = '3'.

It is because at this value the system transfers the selected value from the value help to the screen field.

By this time you already have the selected value to look at and hence can change the table output for the ALV...

This is just a pointer... I don't know if it will work as I have'nt tried it yet...

Thanks,

Sanjiv