Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Personal Services - W4/Bank Custom Messages and Badi's

former_member552974
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

We are in the process of implementing ESS and have a few custom rules for certain infotypes built in to the old PA users exits. For example, we do not allow associates to have more than 3 banks, we will not allow associates to change W4 information if they have a tax levy, etc.

Does anyone know of a way to send a message to the screen if an ESS user tries to make changes such as trying to enter more than three banks? There is a nice Badi in the Leave Request service that allows for checks and messages to be displayed on the screen but unfortunately I am not seeing anything (a Badi to send messages) for the Personal Services W4, Bank, Address, etc. Has anyone encountered this and if so, what did you do?

Thanks for your help.

Best Regards,

Scott

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can put all your validations in the INPUT_CONVERSION Method of the Enhancement Spot ( the new BAdI)HRPAD00INFTYUI.

~Suresh

former_member552974
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Thank you for the response. I must have been typing my reply at the same time you were typing yours.

Scott

former_member552974
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

Ok, I do have a question for you if you don't mind me asking. I have implemented HRPAD00INFTYUI and have tested sending messages to the ESS services and it works. The problem I am facing is that it appears that the table PNNNN is empty, thus I can't tell in the method which infotype record is being changed. Do you know what I must do (possibly inside the method Input Conversion) to fill PNNNN with the data that the user entered in ESS?

Thanks,

Scott

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member552974
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

My apologies. I seem to have prematurely posted this thread. It looks like Badi HRPAD00INFTYUI can be used to do this.

Scott

Former Member
0 Kudos

How do I get a custom message popup to appear in HRPAD00INFTYUI?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.