cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Format Changes when Exporting to PDF

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am running Crystal Reports XI. When I export a report to Adobe, the PDF seems to use a slightly different font so that the layout isn't quite right. When, instead, I print a report to Adobe, the PDF looks exactly like what's on my screen. I have a requirement, now, to export rather than print to Adobe. Anyone have any ideas on how to overcome the font / layout issue when exporting to PDF?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

patrick_genest
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Nancy,

When exporting to PDF format, the fonts will shrink to ensure text are not truncated. Since you want the font size to stay the same, you can add a registry key to Crystal Reports XI that will keep the same font size when exporting to PDF format.

Create the following registry key to prevent the crxf_pdf.dll from decreasing the font size:

1. Click Start > Run. Type "regedit".

2. In the Registry Editor window, create the following keys for Crystal Reports XI with the defined values:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Business Objects\Suite 11.0\Crystal Reports\Export\PDF\ForceLargerFonts

Type: DWORD

Recognized Values: 0,1

Default Value: 1

Creation Method: manual

3. Set the registry key values to 1

Now, when exporting to PDF format, the font will stay the same size.

For further information on this, consult the SAP Note 1220516.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

kumar80
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am also facing same issue in crystal report version 2020. pls suggest for some solutions. but i didn`t found any path file as mentioned in earlier solution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, I have the same issue (except using CR 10), and the above fix solved my problem when running crystal and choosing export - however in the web application when we create and export reports the font size is still smaller..

Any ideas on how to force the dll to re-read the registry values or is there another solution to this problem?