cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Print Control box is blank

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using InfoView in Crystal XI, we have one client that gets a blank screen when pressing the "Print this report" icon on a report. I.e. the "Crystal Report Print Control" and "Cancel" button do not appear and subsequently the print select dialog never pops up.

What can we do to fix??

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having the same problem with one user; everyone else can print. No solution?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have had this issue and corrected by install active X on the client

Bryan

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am having a similar issue and I am looking for a fix. Does anybody have any suggestions?

My users are unable to print on our terminal servers. the printcontrol is not installed. If I click print as administrator, I get a box that has a small box in the top left corner, inside of that box is a dot. Then it just hangs. I never get prompted to install the printcontrol.

I need a manual way of installing.

thanks,

Justin

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have the same problem with a few users. The user gets a message that says the report cannot print because Crystal Reports Print Control 11.5 is not installed. I notice that Internet Explorer does not show the crystal report viewer or crystal reports print control 11.5 in the add-ons. How can we force them to install. We already tried advice from another forum as follows, but it didn't work.

-begin quote-

Go to 'C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files' on local machine see if the below items are there. If so, delete them:

CrystalActiveX component 11.5

Crystal Reports Print control 11.5

They should reinstall next time you run InfoView and try to print.

-end quote-

Former Member
0 Kudos

This should help if you are using R2:

http://devlibrary.businessobjects.com/BusinessObjectsXIR2SP2/en/devsuite.htm#en/CrystalReports_dotNE...

You need to replace the URL with the actual URL and path to the cab file. If you used the MSM files to distribute for .NET 2005, you may be able to point to the web site for Crystal that is installed by default:

<add key="url" value="myServerURL/crystalreportviewers115/ActiveXControls/PrintControl.cab" />

HTH

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Troy,

I believe I'm having the same issue as Franc--we have a user that gets a blank mini-browser-window, which should be the print control box. However, this only happens in IE 7 (Firefox works fine).

Could you elaborate on your explanation? I'm fairly new to Crystal and BOE and could benefit from some step-by-step instructions, if that's ok.

Thanks in advance!

Bryce