cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Customer number not in the inspection lot for a make to order scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I know that standard SAP will get the Customer number into Insp. lot only for insp. types 10/11/12. I am wondering if someone know a way to get the customer no. into insp. lot for insp. type 04 where the material is make-to-order scenario and the Production/Process order has the Sales order and customer no. without activating User-exit. The quality users want to be able to see the customer no. in insp. lot without having them to go to process order.

It makes no sense to me why the customer no. is not brought into insp. lot when that is available in the Prod/process order, which can further be used to select the customer specific insp. plans for 04 insp. type Insp. lot without using Variant configuration.

Any light on this topic is appreciated.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikant,

I guess.........

Normally the inspection lot refers the triggering document that are the trigger cause for them.

- Inspection type 01: - Purchase Order and GR material document.

- Inspection type 03: - Pro. Order Number

The same way...

The inspection type 10\11\12 are purely related to the SD, and directly integrates QM and SD. Hence in the inspection lot for the inspection types directly integrated to SD, it will furnish the Sales order number \ Customer.

But the inspection type 04 is purely have it's relation to Production process. So it will have the details related to integrations it has i.e. the "Pro. Order." Hence it integrates QM-PP, it have the data related to PP (Pro Order), not the SD's one.

But I think one way you can achieve it,

Assign the Customer number also to the inspection plan along with the Material. So I think at the time of assigning the inspection plan to the inspection lot, it will refer the Customer number also and will display the Customer number along with Task list Group\Group Counter, in the inspection specification screen in QA03/02

Regards,

Shyamal