Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Seting parameter auth/rfc_authority_check = 2 or 9

Former Member
0 Kudos

SAP R/3 Rel 4.7

We have auth/rfc_authority_check currently set to 1 (the default).

Can anyone provide an example or a justification case for setting the value to 2 or 9?

Has anyone made the changes in a live system? What was the impact and what scope of regression testing needed to be performed?

I understand the risk of the SRFC FUGR functions exposing some system info to a unauthorised user with the value set as 1 but I'm struggling with the business case for making the changes.

Assistance appreciated.

Alan

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

> Has anyone made the changes in a live system?

Yes, several times. But not always.

> What was the impact and what scope of regression testing needed to be performed?

Not much if you know what you are doing and why you are doing it. It helps a lot if your interfaces are well documented and managed.

> ... but I'm struggling with the business case for making the changes.

The correct value is "1" (hence the default) unless you have special requirements or special scenarios (config).

If you do not understand those special scenarios (i.e. do not use them), then rather leave it alone and concentrate on restricting the S_RFC names and the use-cases of the interfaces.

Cheers,

Julius