cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ITS configuration ABAP620 + WAS640

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

I have installed netweaver add-in to our existing ABAP system, and the first thing I tried to do was to see a SAP transaction from ICM. But there are no webgui services listed under sap/bc ..etc.

Now altough the installation was possible, I'm curious if the above configuration (ABAP620+WAS640) should work.

Any ideas and configuration tips will be remembered forever

Guney Hanedan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok,

As far as I see, I am using a backward compatible was640 and the system is not actually in 640 but still 620 because of the ABAP system. So I do not own the integrated ITS.

The qustion is: Will upgrading the ABAP kernel to 640 do anything good or am I have to install a standalone ITS ?

(not quite sure if the standalone ITS will operate with 640 java kernel either)

any ideas ?

ralph_resech
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I never tried this but you need at least a 6.40 Kernel and a 6.40 SAP_BASIS (SAPKB640XX) the later the better. Anyway I cannot say that it would work since I never tried this (maybe you also need a 6.40 SAP_ABA to run the SAP_BASIS).

You can use a standalone ITS against 6.20 and 6.40 systems but ITS (either integrated or standalone) has nothing to do with the Java Engine.

Regards

Ralph

Former Member
0 Kudos

Things are becoming clearar after some research:

I have upgraded SAP kernel to 640, but nothing changed.

So it's related to BASIS and ABAP releases which are 620.

I think I will have to upgrade basis and abap releases to 640, or do a complete WAS640 upgrade.

Not guite sure.

(By the way, there SHOULD be a way to use the integrated ITS with basis620, because everywhere on every sap document sap tells customers to use integrated ITS instead of standalone, and for just this, it's very time consuming to give a full upgrade)

I have fired a customer message about the subject.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok,

Here is the conclusion:

1- You can install WAS640 to a sap_basis 620 if sap_basis 620 is patch level 41 or higher.

2- But this is not a ususal configuration.

3- Integrated ITS does not work in this configuration.

4- You have to upgrade to basis 640 or install standalone ITS.

Message was edited by: Yuksel Guney Hanedan