cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reset Solution Manager configuration

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

We are setting Solution Manager up for incident management but the configuration was started without SP15 and many things were manually done so now, there are a lot of users and even systems that weren't succesfuly created... bottom line, the configuration is a mess. Is there any way to reset this configuration and start over? I specially want to delete ibase's, systems and bp's.

What would you suggest?

Thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

There isn't an easy way to whipe everything out and start fresh. However, you can archive messages, update your iBase, retire BP's and fix your system landscape. You can even delete BP's if they are not assigned to messages. If they are, I read of a fix where someone replaced the BP's in the tables and then was able to delete them. If you can't delete your iBase it's because you don't have an SAP note installed.

If you browse the forum for each of the items you want to fix, you'll find the info.

regards,

Jason

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maria,

we have been in the same situation, the Systems and the Customizing of our Solution Manager simply was a mess, but when we tried to clear things up by implementing SAP notes, cleaning Customizing, regenerating content ... things got worse.

So my suggestion is: If possible, do a fresh install and start from scratch, it will save you a lot of work and nerves.

Best Regards,

Axel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to both, I kind of figured out all the issues with my configuration but I did consider to erase everything and start fresh, luckly even though there must be a lot of spare and junk data the scenarios are now working well.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No replies