cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crystal Report server error

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm new to posting here, so please bear with me! I have installed, in this order, crystal report server XI R2 .Net server 2005 (used as a viewer for reports in our web application), Crystal report server XI (BO), Crystal Report XI, BO XI SP4 on Windows Server 2003 R2 running as a VM. When I first install crystal report server XI R2 .Net server 2005, open our web app and run Crystal reports, they run just fine. After installing BO XI, Crystal Reports XI and BO SP4, I get an error:

Server Error in '/ImageWorks' Application.

-

Not enough memory for operation.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Not enough memory for operation.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[COMException (0x80041004): Not enough memory for operation.]

CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ClientDoc.ReportClientDocumentClass.Open(Object& DocumentPath, Int32 Options) +0

CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.Open(Object& DocumentPath, Int32 Options) +87

CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.EnsureDocumentIsOpened() +279

[Exception: Load report failed.]

CrystalDecisions.ReportAppServer.ReportClientDocumentWrapper.EnsureDocumentIsOpened() +341

CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Load(String filename, OpenReportMethod openMethod, Int16 parentJob) +964

CrystalDecisions.CrystalReports.Engine.ReportDocument.Load(String filename) +73

roi_AdminReportViewer.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +83

System.Web.UI.Control.OnLoad(EventArgs e) +99

System.Web.UI.Control.LoadRecursive() +47

System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessRequestMain(Boolean includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +1436

-

Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.1433; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.1433

I have loaded this same configuration on similar servers over the past 2 years with no issue. Can anyone help me? Doesn't look like the memory is being touched on the server, it's an IIS server with 1.5 GB RAM.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Elaine,

So everything worked fine until you installed CRXI and BO R2 SP4? Let me know if the order of installation I have below is correct:

1. crystal report server XI R2 .Net server 2005

2. Crystal report server XI (BO)

3. Crystal Report XI

4. BO XI SP4

I know the .net viewer is usually set up in the Crystal Reports Server installation. I'm unsure as to why you have it listed separately.

Also which version of BO (Crystal Reports Server) are you installing (R1,R2,R3)? Could you clearly outline your first 2 installation steps?

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Install the Crystal ReportsXI Release 2 .net 2005 Server - used for viewing crystal reports in .Net app

2. Install Business Objects XI - assuming R1

3. Install Crystal Reports XI

4. Install SP4.

The first install is done because we are using that as a viewer for our Crystal Reports in a dot net environment.

Not all of our clients are using BO, however, I do need to install both for Support/QA of our product.

Does this help?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. I t is safe to assume that the installation of CR XI did not affect BO. The only posoibble thing according to your installation would be the SP4.

One question, whcich interface stopped working after the SP4 installation, BOXI or the .Net Environment?

I beleieve the highest SP for BOXI R1 is SP3. Where did you get SP4? You can always revert back to how it was before the service pack was applied if this is indeed the problem.

Edited by: Zane Gibson on Sep 17, 2008 1:52 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Zane,

sorry, there's a little more information that I forgot the first time around. After installing .net Server 2005, crystal reports in our application worked just fine. After I installed BO, I got the error first posted when attempting to open a crystal report in our app. I went through the rest of the install though, and Business Objects runs just fine.

thanks,

Elaine