cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Workflow error - Unable to connect to repository

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

We are having this strange error "Unable to connect to repository" when I go to the workflow table and open an existing workflow.

Authentication is via LDAP. The very first time we create a record everything is fine .. but after about 30 mins I create another record - the workflow doesn't launch itself. When I try to lauch it manually - there is a error message which says " One of the roles assigned has no users". A repo unload and reload doesn't help . The server has tobe restarted to solve this problem.

Our analysis says there could be a possible disconnect between LDAP and MDS.

Any bright ideas to solve this?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinay,

Try assigning all your workflow tasks to Users instead of roles,so you will have auser for every taskin the workflow which are created in MDM console,and then asee the working if its still throwing you an error .

The exact cause of this behaviour is un known so try workarounds so that you you can locate the exact error.

- Also check your connection between portal and MDM and also LDAP.

- Also try verifying and correcting your repository once if any errors occurs.and load it with Update Indices if atall any schema changes have atken plac ethen they will be fixed.

Hope It Helped,

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your replies ..

We tried the verify and repair - the problem which used to repeat after 30 mins is not doing so after 45 mins !!

Let me try assigning to user instead of role.

What all do you look for : when you want to check the connection between MDS and LDAP. Our understanding is if we can log into any of the clients and work without any issue - LDAP connection should be fine. So how do you determine what happens to the connectivity after a period of time.

Edited by: Vinay on Sep 19, 2008 10:39 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Changed it to user - still having the same issue - SAP is now looking into it .

Former Member
0 Kudos

It was a bug - combination of UNIX and LDAP on SP06. SAP fixed it with the the build 63.38.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you are able to enter into data manager, so LDAP is fine.

Now the workflow, is not automatically triggered, check the workflow for any inconsistencies.(AutoLaunch, trigger Actions)

Check who can start a workflow, (Owner?) Launcher?