Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

issue in output display in report,,

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i have a report where i display a decimal value similar to other values, but this one is not displayed. I traced till the write statement and i do have the correct value in the variable. But this is just not displayed. what could be the issue. find below the code snippet.

WRITE :/5 'Mat',15 'Mat',50 'Caliper',60'Grade', 105 'Delv Qty',117 'EA' . WRITE :/5 'Number',15 'Description'.

WRITE :/5 t_pick_view-matnr,

15 t_pick_view-arktx,

50 t_pick_view-caliper,

60 t_pick_view-grade,

105 t_pick_view-ea_qty, "#EC *

117 t_pick_view-ea_unit. "#EC *

here the value in t_pick_view-ea_qty is available (7.0000) but not displayed on the report output. One thing I noticed is that the next value ea_unit (it has value ROLLS) is displayed but is displayed with a zero after that like 'ROLLS 0'. Seems the ea_qty value gets partially hidden (it is 7.0000). what cud be wrong ?

thks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

simple test i did , it is working fine for me..

data: it_vbap type vbap_t,
      wa_vbap type vbap.

select * from vbap
into table it_vbap
up to 20 rows.

loop at it_vbap into wa_vbap.
 write:/ wa_vbap-kwmeng,
         wa_vbap-meins.
endloop.

how you defined the ea_qty ..?

5 REPLIES 5

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

simple test i did , it is working fine for me..

data: it_vbap type vbap_t,
      wa_vbap type vbap.

select * from vbap
into table it_vbap
up to 20 rows.

loop at it_vbap into wa_vbap.
 write:/ wa_vbap-kwmeng,
         wa_vbap-meins.
endloop.

how you defined the ea_qty ..?

0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

data definitions are all fine, as i said, i am able to see the value in the variable during debugging, but the write statement does not write it correctly on the page !!

now i found out another thing but still the issue is unresolved.

I commented the statement to display the next value , i.e. ea_unit (whose value is ROLLS) and now i am able to see the ea_qty displayed as 7.000.

It seems 7.000 is displayed, but then the next value overwites that location with ROLLS and bcos 7.000 is already displayed there, I get ROLLS 0.

But this is crazy as the display column positions are different for both but then why the first value 7.000 displayed under the second column ??

so now i changed the display position to 103 (instead of 105 )and i can see 7 popping up (7 from 7.000 )!!! any idea whats hapening ?? i hope u understood my explanation..

0 Kudos

btw, shall i try trimming the number ?? maybe it is right justified too much !! how to trim ?? its a decimal value like 7.000.

thks

0 Kudos

By default qty field will be Right-justified, so use Left-justfied.

105 t_pick_view-ea_qty left-justified,   "use Left-justified
117 t_pick_view-ea_unit.

0 Kudos

that helped..thanks