cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Editor with Advanced Funcionality for HTML Docs and Templates

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, is this the right forum to get help about this problem?, thank you in advance for your time; any directions will be highly appreciated.

Best regards,

Gerardo

Problem Statement

SAP-KM has an integrated editor that can be used for documents and templates; this editor offers basic functionality. Since we are migrating documents from other document & content management solution, the new platform must have at least the same functionality. This requirement also applies to the editor, which is expected to have more than basic functionality.

Required Features in Editor

Text Alignment (left, right, centered, and justified).

Customized Bullets

Numbered Vignettes, in different levels (e.g.1, 1.1, 1.1.1, 2, 2.1...)

Letter Vignettes (e.g. A, B, C, a, b, c...)

Roman Numbered Vignettes (e.g. I, II, III, i, ii, iii...)

Text format (with variety in font styles, font sizes, and font colors)

Images Insertion (text aligned, text-squared, behind text, above text)

Any additional ms-word alike features are highly desirable.

Expected Solution

We need your valuable help to identify a solution that allows edition of SAP-KM Templates and html documents, with a tool that provides the required functionality.

Best Regards,

Gerardo

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in which SP are you working on ?

For me alll the functionnalities you want are already available in the SAP EP HTML editor in KM, and working fine !

Or maybe I have misunderstood something ?

Fabien.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fabien,

So far we have only worked with the HTML Editor of the XML Forms, which has very limited features: you canu2019t use justified alignment, nor define customized colors; it only has 7 font styles; font sizes are fixed; we canu2019t use numbered vignettes at different levels (eg. 1.1, 1.1.1, 1.1.2...); it doesnu2019t handle sequenced letter-vignettes (e.g. A, B, C..., a, b, c...), neither roman-numbered vignettes (e.g. I, II, III, IV..., i, ii, iii, iv...).

Another editor we have seen, is the one that appears when we edit an HTML Document with the u201COnLineu201D button; this editor has the same limitations as the XML Forms.

Where can we see the HTML editor that you mention?, is it possible to use it from HTMLB?

Thank you for your time.

Regards,

Gerardo

Note 1. In the old system our user had an Editor called u201CVisualFormatu201D with more features; this is the reason we are looking for something in the same level, or better.

Note 2. We prepared two video files, so you can see what we are doing; will you give me your email to send you these files?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

by the way, we have SP11...

Former Member
0 Kudos

In the "edit online" button what is missing for you ?

does it looks like this screenshot ?

<a href="http://www.servimg.com/image_preview.php?i=480&u=11101450">[img]http://i30.servimg.com/u/f30/11/10/14/50/html_e10.jpg[/img]</a>

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes Fabien, we see the same image of your screenshot...

x As you can see, there is not any button for u201Cjustified alignmentu201D.

x The table of colors does not allow adding any customized colors.

x Font sizes are fixed; we can not set a different font size in points (i.e. 10 pts, 12 pts).

x We need numbered vignettes at different levels, but this editor has auto-numbering only in one level; i.e.

1. General Subject

1.1 Subject 1

1.1.1 Particular sub-subject

x Roman-based or letter-based vignettes are also not available; i.e.

I. Subject 1

II. Subject 2

A. Subject a

B. Subject b

We think this default html-editor in KM-SAP doesn't have that functionality, maybe a newer version that you know?

Perhaps another editor with the required functionality can be used instead, in SAP-KM?

In this URL you can see some of the functions of the editor our user has now, that is why we need to replace it with another editor with at least the same level of functionality.

[http://www.ektron.com/ewebeditpro-html-editor.aspx?id=1132]

Best regards,

Gerardo